Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BLER

• This topic has 13 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Pix.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Dear
    I want to know what is the acceptable BLER for GPRS/EDGE and WCDMA

Pan

Dear, Bob!
    Under BLER you are meaning Block Error Rate? If so, then BLER (or SDU error rate in GPRS) requirement are very dependent from used traffic class (or service type) and application requirements.

Pix

Bob,

In GPRS/EGPRS, there are different coding schemes, such as CS1 to CS4 in GPRS and MCS1 to MCS9 in EGPRS.
    Each scheme provides a different useful throughput and a different protection ratio.
    High tput with low protection or low tput with high protection.

As soon as the BLER becomes bad, the retransmissions rate increase… But then the link adaptation mechanism kicks in and the coding scheme is decreased, in order to provide more protection. The system choses to decreae the useful tput in order to give more protection.

As a direct consequence, the impact of bad BLER decreases. Retransmission rates are reduced, the receiver is able to decode the useful signal even under bad BLER conditions.

So you see, each coding scheme can accept a certain BLER. And this value for each CS can be found in 3GPP-something ๐Ÿ™‚ (radio aspects I think)

Pan, our 3GPP master, what’s the ref number? 45 something? :))

paraHO

GSM 05.33
    3GPP 45.003

Pix

Incredible, this guy is a machine… :))

Thanks Pan ๐Ÿ˜‰

paraHO

Your welcome Pix :-))))))

Pan

Many thanks, my friends! By means of our common effort, we will touch bottom and get a synergetic effect :)) But I am understanding Bob’s question as follows:
    What is the minimum requirement for error ratio of various applications. I.e. maximum error ratio that is acceptable for different applications. May be I am a bit mistaken:)

pix

I’m sure Bob’s gone. He was just here to entertain us with a question ๐Ÿ™‚

Like a guy throwing a stick to entertain a dog. He doesn’t really care whether the stick is brought back or not….

bob

No pix don’t be so sure of your self that your are answering question suppose your self as gsm master mind and for your information I was busy with doc of paraho post thanks for your help.

Pix

Hi Bob,

I don’t understand your previous message.
    I suppose you’re thanking us ? In a weird way.

Pan

Yes, Pix, I think he is thanking. He omitted exclamation points in his sentences. It sounds like:
    No pix don’t be so!
    [I am] Sure of your self!
    You are answering question!
    Suppose your self as gsm master mind!
    and for your information I was busy with doc of paraho post. thanks for your help!

It is thanks certainly.

Pix

And as the monthy python once sang:

“Always look at the bright…

…side of your life

tu tudu tidudidudidu”

bob

No pan thanks is no for pix it is for paraho as i check some of his answer from posts he like to make fun of what are posted and one thing else for mr pix i think you become older and has no patient.

Pix

ParaHO > Sorry, i thought you were PAN… sorry for the mistake.

Bob > Ok… but please, before I loose your friendship forever, notice that my “technical” answer is totally answering your question, and is very respectfully written. Furthermore, it pointed you to the right 3GPP doc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.