Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DL Interference

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bilal

What is the best way to trace External DL interference?

AliAsgher

Drive Testing should be the solution. Although, statistical monitoring may also reflect high number of drops due to bad quality DL.

bilal

I meant to ask about the source of interference.How to be sure from where the interference is coming?

AliAsgher

Usually Jammers use Uplink Frequencies for creating Interference. Nevertheless, if you are getting DL Interference then too you can use Spectrum Analyzer with a Yagi Yuda (Or any Directional) antenna to trace out the source. [But normally DL Interference source will be your own Network, Overshooting sites etc. Hence again, Drive Testing will be a nice starting point]

bilal

I don’t suspect it to be the internal one. It is not continuous, appears for 2-3 days in a week and on all of the cells in a particular area irrespective of the frequencies being used.

Pix

Basically you want to road-race a DL interferer that is moving all around the place every 2 days.

Ok, you need this kind of setup. I dreamt about it last night, it’s a radio geek’s dream, I’m afraid.

Yagi antenna on the roof, controlled electronically by the direction of your sight (like in army helicopter Apache), then at least 4 wheel-drive with a 4L V6 400bhp engine (best would be 6 or 8 wheels, or a tank).

Since your opponent is into electromagnetic interference, he probably is using some kind of radar as well. He’ll easily bust you. To keep the benefit of surprise, you must apply a stealth design to your car (such as the F-22 US fighter plane). Load up some flares as well, to distract incoming ground-to-ground missiles.

Try to get some satellite support, or an EWACS, and a back-office team to check best routes and QoS situation in real time. Also, a tactical support team seems appropriate, in case things get ugly (uglier ?). Learn some self-defense moves, just in case.

More seriously, have you checked with the army ? are they doing some exercises ?

bilal

Hehe… just let me forward the equipment acquisition form to my boss 😛 But I think I will need mush more than this because the source seems to be across the border of a neighbor which is unfortunately not very friendly 🙂 What about a UAV?

afaq

what does mean DL interference ???

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.