Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Best GSM Vendor!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Pix

MFM,

I worked a lot on ALU equipment and I would not call it “crap”.
    It is sometimes instable, but it is cheap and provides many excellent O&M, Performance Management and Supervision features…

I don’t know how is the OMCR in Ericsson today, but a while ago, the ALU OMC-R was clearly ahead of its time ! Not even talking about RNO/NPO…

Timz

Huawei has lots of HW problem.
    Faulty DDPU daily. LAPD OML Faulty etc, though it’s cheap. Operators tend to minimize CAPEX+OPEX

Pix

wow, it is that bad with huawei ?
    I thought they made good progress in the past years.

Mak

Nokia’s packet core is the best among all vendors

kamal

Nokia Rocks..!

C300G

Huawei.

bert

Chinese stuff is crap
    lots of hw and sw problemsand a bad service organisation.

go for european stuff the best is Ericsson at this moment

C300G

Can say exactly the same about “european” vendors.

Dery

I think we should not reduce the quality of vendors’ equipment to stuff like user interface. IMO, the stability and performance is the most important.
    I have experience with Huawei and Ericsson radio and between these two, Ericsson is the best. I also agree with those who say Huawei is crap, ‘cos it really is. The hardware problems are just too many. Radio link prompt alarm. E1 remote alarm. E1 local alarm. Main receive channel alarm. TRX/CDU communication alarm. Main receive channel alarm. LAPD alarm. The list is endless, and you receive so many of them each day. It’s really depressing.

Pix

I am blown away when I read this… They are so obviously bad ?? I’m afraid when I see the amount of networks they are swapping in the world.

They even won the 1st LTE in Nokia’s own native country !!

sra1

Ericsson

bert

yes those chinese are getting contracts for networks , but not for quality reasons they get it for price reasons only .
    and the fact is that for sure Huawei stole and is stealing the technology from othere vendors and because they are partly state owned it is hard to beat them on the prices.
    but there are operators who are kicking the chinese out again due to high maintenance cost

hazem

what difference between sector and cell in 3G?
    i know that they are the same in 2G and some engineers told me that they also the same in 3G but they aren’t the same in 3G then, if any one know information about this topic, please help me with reply , with link with any document

Tanuj

When it comes to stability of hardware and software Ericsson is the best but it costs too much. NSN and Huawei are almost similar when it comes to hardware failure rates NSN is only slightly better but thats why Huawei due to low cost is kicking out NSN from many operators. ALU is ok but very similar to Huawei. ZTE and Huawei are very similar in quality but Huawei is still better. Motorola hardware is also very good and stable but its almost out now. So overall if you consider quality not cost then its Ericsson but if you want ok quality with low cost then Huawei and ZTE are ok to use.

Bob

fully agree with Tanuj,
    Ericsson and Huawei have started a big game , I think Nokia is Out , I have heard many Swap Nokia with Huawei

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.