Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MAIO Plan

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Hello,

1×1 with 9 freq, for a max acceptable load of 12%,

that’s 1 hopping TRX per sector. (12% * 9)

So you can have 2 TRX per sector : the BCCH TRX and a hopping TRX.

Pro

Thanks pix….

What is maximum capcity i can use for 9 hopping frequecies with differenet MAIO?

Explain with Example

Regards,
    Pro

Pix

Pro,

My previous post was already an acceptable answer to your current question… what exactly do you need to know ?

Irfan

Please “MAIO” STAND FOR ?
    And explain it.

MDH???

Hello Bob.

with 36 hopping Freqs and reuse pattern of 1*3 with 12 TRX each you can have up to 8 TRXs per cell, i.e S888 configuration with MAIO settings as seen below;

Sector 1: 0,2,4,6,8 and 10
    Sector 2: 1,3,5,7,9 and 11
    Sector 3: 0,2,4,6,8 and 10

But challenge with 1*3 reuse pattern is;
    1: All your site should be on grid and pattern
    2: All your cells should have same azimuth.

I would like to recommend to you to use 1*1 reuse pattern for SFH implementation rather than 1*3 to due above constrains.

MDH???

Sorry not S888, BUT S777

MDH???

If you use 1*1, you will have 35 MAIOs.
    the RF load will be much small and hence better network quality, RF Load= Kdtx*Hardware Load*(n/N)
    where
    Kdtx=0.7,Hardware Load=0.9 (Assuming 90% of TCH TS will be busy.
    n= number of hopping TRXs per cell
    N=number of hopping TRX (MAL list)=36 in you case.

Your will vane below MAIO CONFIGURATION.
    BCCH 2ND 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Sector 1 X 0 6 12 18 24 30
    Sector 2 X 2 8 14 20 26 32
    Sector 3 X 4 10 16 22 28 34

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    We are experimenting in an isolating area of our network and we use this:
    -configuration = 4 x 4 x 4
    -SFH
    -for BCCHs we use channels 1 to 42
    -second TRX : primary GSM, channels=44 to 58
    -third and fourth TRX : G1 , channels=975 to 1023
    -MAIO:
    Cell A: 0, 6, 12
    Cell B: 2, 8, 14
    Cell C: 4, 10, 16

Is this correct? If it is correct, can we reduce the nb of freq. for the second TRX in order to gain more freq. for BCCHs. Is this 1*2 freq. reuse?? And, please, any one give the formula for calculating the freq. load. As I know load%=Nb of hopping TRXs/Nb of freq in MAL. Is it the same formula for 1*3?
    Regards,
    Fresh Opt

abdr

what is the function of Franctional loading?
    what should be the miinimum value of fractional loading.
    I found that in our network, they are using 100% fractional loading (SFH). Is it a poor frequency plan???They have 24 frequencies to use in hopping but they are using fractional loading 100%.Whats your recommendation about this plan?
    Which frequency re-use pattern should be best for this?
    Thanks.

IRFAN

Hello Bob,
    Kindly if you have a knowladge about “MAIO” so explain for me.

abdr

Hi again repeating.Some 1 pls feedback..
    what is the function of Franctional loading?
    what should be the miinimum value of fractional loading.
    I found that in our network we are using 100% fractional loading (SFH). Is it a poor frequency plan???They have 24 frequencies to use in hopping.
    Which frequency re-use pattern should be best for this?

Fresh Opt

Hi again,
    any idea about the configuration I described on 13 May. Please!

Pix

Yeah, i’ll try to answer.

Why there are different frequencies for TRX 2 and TRX 3&4 ? Is it really a good choice ?
    –> No.

Why did you do something like this ?
    –> Probably because it is not possible to mix G1 and PGSM frequencies in same TRX ?

Are you sure ??? Upgrade your release software and enjoy the benefits of mixed PGSM + G1 hopping list.
    –> Ok, will do.

Is this 1×1 or 1×3? 1×1 means all cells of same BTS use the SAME frequencies lists. 1×3 means each cell is using only one third of the total band. (each cell has different MA list than it’s co-BTS sisters)

Now, for TRX2, you have 15 frequencies. The radio load is then:
    1/15 = 6.7%.
    Theoretically, you should be fine as long as load < 12%. So you could use only 8 frequencies. On top of that, i assume the second trx is not 100% busy at busy hour... is it ? If it's only 80% busy, then multiply your load by 0.8. And adjust the nb of frequencies accordingly. For TRX3 and 4: 48 frequencies. 2/48 = 4.1%. Here again, you are way below the std load. Means you are wasting frequencies. HOWEVER, since you need more than 42 BCCH, I'm afraid you have a very poor antenna design, a lot of overlaps, not enough downtilt, too much overshooting, and so on. So forget about the standard thresholds (12% for 1x1, and about 30% for 1x3), and use your own in order to ensure good QoS in each TRX. And really, try to group all G1 and PGSM frequencies 🙂 Life = easier, hopping = more efficient.

Fresh Opt

Thanks Pix million times.
    We use different frequencies for TRX2 because of old phones supporting PGSM and for TRX3&TRX4 G1 because of interference of other operaters in PGSM. We thought that’s optimal solution satisfying costumers with old phones and avoid somehow intererence. We use B9, upgrading in B10 can we mix G1+PGSM? You’re right, there is to much overlaps and we are working on it.
    Regards,

Pix

Yes, in B10, you can mix. You can’t in B9 ? I thought you could.

Since your BCCH is already PGSM, you don’t need a second TRX with pure PGSM frequencies. The amount of old MS must be very small.
    There is an indicator that can give you the ratio of EGSM MS in your network (I’ll give you the name tomorrow… but you can find it in RNO by searching “EGSM” :)) )

Just one question : why do you need more than 42 BCCH freq ?? Is your network design really terrible ? The amount of interference is that bad ??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.