Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MAIO Plan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Well friends……Pix & HSH

What i understood from your posts is that one MAL is better option then three MAL…….

or

actually no one is better then other both are same………

The only point to be worried about is the radio load(??). All that you have to keep in mind is that radio load should never be more then 50%.???

Iam sorry……but i disagree with the concept.

contd……..

MKT

GSM networks are interference limited.

Techniques like Frequency hopping and power control are introduced in GSM networks to counter the problem of interference.

UPLINK Interference is something difficult to control.

It will occur when ,the two MS, in two different cells , transmits at same frequency, at same time.

The technique hopping, with associated terms such as MAL,MAIO,HSN…can provide a significant relief to interference.

Added with it, the power control mechanism will also have a soothing effect.

But, in spite of all these measures the 100 percent elimination of interference is not guaranteed.

So, we can always try to minimize the interference.In this direction…

I raised a subject…that the option of having 3 MAL in comparison to 1 MAL is better or not?

I say, it is better to have 3 MAL’s.
    Why?
    See, if there are three neighbors..A,B,C.

The MAL1, MAL2, MAL3 are allocated to A, B and C respectively.

In this scenario…the condition
    MS transmits, at same ARFCN, at same time,

will have probability equals to zero.

So, isn’t this is a better choice?

regards

HSH

Hello MKT,
    I understand what did you meant,
    realy I never thought about uplink as you did; yes but as I said before you will phase more limitation, and I already used both without getting big diffrence in quality performance!! after I did a comparison of drive test result and statistics (Uplink)! but there was great benefit in TRX configuration,

regards

Pix

I already gave the conditions in which you should use 1×3 or 1×1:

1×1 or 1×3, which one gives the best utilisation ? Well, it’s about the same !!
    30 freq in 1×1, with load = 12% –> 3.6 TRX / cell max
    3 x 10 freq in 1×3, with load = 30%
    –> 3.3 TRX / cell max

The main question is about your radio design:
    large overlaps, heterogeneous terrain, hills, overshooting, reflections, high antennas –> prefer 1×3

sharp cell coverages, good downtilt, homogeneous terrain, regular inter-site distance, regular antenna azimuths –> you can use 1×1.

The better is 1×1, because it shares ALL frequencies at once. So any improvement on the radio design gives great results immediately, in terms of QoS and capacity. Also, it is easier to manage after a while.

HSH

Hello Friends
    Great discussion already done between us and already transferred all of our best information about SFH,
    let us discuss the advantage and disadvantage of MRP type of freq. plan with a consideration that we already implemented all of necessary of Optimization actions (general Network),

regards

IST

hi HSH,
    you wrote:
    ‘but the main benefit of MAIO is to avoid interference between Cell A and other cells in the same site (Cells B & C); is just giving starting frequency in the MAL,’

is it???
    You can give different HSN for different cell of the same site to avoid interference.
    To my understanding,MAIO is used to avoid interference among the different TRX of the same cell.Because all the TRX in that cell is using the same MAL and same HSN,so different starting position will avoid interference between them.

Let me correct if I am wrong.

Pix

IST, consider a BTS:
    3 sectors, all synchronized.

1×1 –> all sectors use same freuency
    same HSN + different MAIO –> each cell will NEVER use the same frequency as its 2 neighbors.

Excellent choice, isn’t it ?

Now, for 1×3 (with non adjacent freq among the 3 MA lists) or different HSN, then you’re right, the MAIO doesn’t change anything.

IST

yes ı definitely agree with you.
    But what will happen for the case 1X1, if we use same MAIO but Different HSN for the cells of the same site?
    Will there be interference among them?

Pix

You have to read my post until the end, and very carefully 🙂

I said:
    “Now, for 1×3 (with non adjacent freq among the 3 MA lists) or different HSN, then you’re right, the MAIO doesn’t change anything.”

The “or” is important.

So yes, different HSN and same MAIO is possible, but less efficient

IST

thnks..Pix.
    I missed the ‘or’ 🙂 in your previous reply :(:-(

HSH

Mr. Isnt,
    nice point you meant;
    – Was better if you meant(1*1 or 1*3) and (Space or sequence)? I’m sure that there were friends didn’t got your idea well.
    – Mr. pix already answered with our respect.
    – I can not see the benefit for using different HSN in the same Site, HSN plan will be impossible if you wanted to do for big Cities (Sometime you have 1000’s of cells in your plan); if there is! I appreciate if somebody explain?

Regards

Pix

HSH,

1 HSN for all sectors of one BTS

BTS A = HSN 1
    BTS B = HSN 2
    and so on.

Now, if two cells that are quite distant then they can use the same HSN, it’s OK.

Bob

If I have 36 frequencies and each MA list is 12 frequencies with 1*3 frequency planning which strategy give me good result if the MA list start consecutive(1,2,3,,,,,) or (1,3,5,,,,,) as example

Pix

MAL1 = 1, 2, 3…12
    MAL2 = 13, 14, 15, …
    MAL3 = 24, 25, 26, …

this should give the best result. however, they might be worse than BBH 🙂

Pro

1.I have 1-9 frequency for hopping(1*1). What is the maximum capcity i can use in each site.

2.Shall i use MAIO:0, MAIO:4 and MAIO:8 for the above mentioned frequencies to aviod the adjcency collision with unique HSN.

Suggest me if i am wrong…

Regards,
    Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.