Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MAIO Plan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Just me

Hi, Pix
    If network planner are using MAIO plan like this. Is it normal situation???

MAIO

CellA: 0 2 4
    CellB: 1 3 5
    CellC: 0 2 4

Pix

Hello, just you ๐Ÿ™‚

It depends… do cell A and cell C are using the same MA List ? (=same frequency list?)

regards,
    pix

Just me

๐Ÿ™‚
    No it is difference?

Pix

Cell A and cell C are using different frequencies.

Then it doesn’t matter what are the MAIO. MAIO is useful only when MA List and HSN are identical. your network planner knows what he’s doing ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards
    pix

HSH

Dear
    – With below MAL:
    (frequency reuse space grouping)
    S A: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    S B: 8,9,10,11,12,13,14
    S C: 15,16,17,18,19,20,21

Then you can use MAIO as:
    0, 2, 4
    0, 2, 4
    0, 2, 4

-and if you put MAL as :
    (frequency reuse sequence grouping)
    S A: 1,4,7,10,13,16,19
    S B: 2,5,8,11,14,17,20
    S C: 3,6,9,12,15,18,21

then you have to use MAIO as:
    Note: Examples above token for 1*3 SF-Hopping with 4 TRXs as a maximum configuration; the load factor will be not acceptable but is an Example.
    Regards

Pix

HSH,

I must add a condition in your second scenario:

-and if you put MAL as :
    (frequency reuse sequence grouping)
    S A: 1,4,7,10,13,16,19
    S B: 2,5,8,11,14,17,20
    S C: 3,6,9,12,15,18,21

then you have to use MAIO as:

This MAIO planning is needed only if your HSN is the same in all three cells. If HSN is different, then any MAIO will do.

On the side, between scenario 1 and scenario 2, which one would you choose, quality-wise ?

Cheers,
    Pix

Just Me

Hi, Pix
    BSIC and Neighbour planning in hopping is difference??? or same as usual?

Pix

Same as usual i would say. I can’t think of a restriction there. Neighbor and BSIC are two things that are related to the bcch frequency.

MKT

if i have 15 frequencies available with me……….

then isn’t it is a better choice to have three MAL with 5 frequencies each instead of having one single MAL containing all the 15 frequencies.

Regards

Just Me

If I use BB Hopping, can I use same MAIO and HSN for all cells.???

Just Me

Also one more thing, in BB Hop. I have planned BCCHs as usual, but to choose TCH frequencies is hard (available freq: 36). Can you give me some skills about this, what should I do???

Thanks

HSH

Dears,
    as I see that all are confusing between MAIO and HSN but as we know that they are different from each other;
    main benefit of HSN is to avoid interference between Cell A and the surrounding Cells (Cells of different sites)that they are using the same MAL (Hopping sequence); is just giving the step that the syst. have to use in that cell,
    but the main benefit of MAIO is to avoid interference between Cell A and other cells in the same site (Cells B & C); is just giving starting frequency in the MAL,
    Dear MKT,
    as you no that there is load factor limitation in SF-Hopping; sure 3 MALs (1*3) is better than 1
    (1*1) in Quality and then you will phase some limitation in TRX configuration (because of Load factoras we mentioned before),
    Load Factor= No. of Hop. TRX (without BCCH)/No. of freq. in MAL
    and its better if we never pass 50%.

Regards

HSH

Hello Pix,
    ifrst of your question is already answered from the previos mail,

which one is better to choose?
    both of them are working by the same strategy (Adjust interference will be protect by MAIO and Co-Channel Interference be protect by HSN as I mentioned before) but with that I think the first is better!!! to avoid any mistake in the implementation; overlapping between the sectors lead to very bad performance or bad Quality as we know!!!

Regards

Pix

— JUST ME :

BBH is very different than SFH !! No MAIO, no HSN, no MA List in BBH.

All you have to do is do your frequency planning as usual (as if there was no hopping) but with accepting a lower C/I in average, and then activate BBH.

Then… the skills… it’s all about trial and errors. It’s much easier if you first ensure that all your antennas are well-tilted, to avoid too much overlap and overshooting.

— HSH & MKT :

1×1 or 1×3, which one gives the best utilisation ? Well, it’s about the same !!
    30 freq in 1×1, with load = 12% –> 3.6 TRX / cell max
    3 x 10 freq in 1×3, with load = 30%
    –> 3.3 TRX / cell max

The main question is about your radio design:
    large overlaps, heterogeneous terrain, hills, overshooting, reflections, high antennas –> prefer 1×3

sharp cell coverages, good downtilt, homogeneous terrain, regular inter-site distance, regular antenna azimuths –> you can use 1×1.

The better is 1×1, because it shares ALL frequencies at once. So any improvement on the radio design gives great results immediately, in terms of QoS and capacity. Also, it is easier to manage after a while.

HSH

Thanks pix,
    And as you know sure; we are discussing the freq. plan and and we thinking that the designer or the planner toke the parameters that already mentioned in he’s consideration;

MKT,
    You can use MRP freq. plan for the case that you asked (15 freq. or low No. of freq.); sometime is great to use if you have limit no. of freq.,

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.