Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EDGE Data

• This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Pix.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    omcr

I increased CDED & CDEF on a site and my throughput has gone up a little as expected. I also noticed gprs_ter_upgrd_req counter has dropped off from an average of 1100 requests daily to 300. Is this to be expected? Is this all due to the increase in CDED and is this all good?

Pix

Hello,

What is definition of CDED?
    Perhaps I can relate to our parameters.

omcr

CDED is number of tch channels dedicated to data

omcr

CDED is actually a percentage of avalable channels dedicated to data

Pix

the gprs_ter_upgrd_req counter has decreased probably because less MS are needing additional PDCH : they are already fully served.

If there is not enough PDCH in the cell (= if CDED is too small) then the MS will keep trying to get more PDCH, therefore more gprs_ter_upgrd_req are counted.

omcr

So this appears to be a normal result and should not be a concern as long as the site is carrying the same (or larger)volume of data traffic as it did prior to my changes, correct? Does the reduced number of requests help the site performance in any other way not related to data, possibly reduce SDCCH signaling?.

Pix

No, it just increases the qos offered to the subscriber. SDCCH are never used during a GPRS data call.

Perhaps it unloads the GPU as well?

Farkhat

Hi,
    Increasing CDED, which is % from total BTS TCH resource, you reserve PCU resource and radio resource as well. That’s critical for high loaded cells as dedicated TCH can not be used for speech. Increasing CDEF you reserve resource only in PCU and territory upgrade become possible only if radio resource is available. What is the priority, voice or data?

Pix

Operators give more priority to voice : it brings more money than data.

Farkhat

Of course Pix! That’s why CDEF is better parameter to play with

sun cell

hi pix give me an idea why is it that their is unused time slot in dtru even if it is full config.

Pix

Hi Sun,

Sorry, i don’t know.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.