Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH interference

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sun

Hi all,

Can someone help me with the following questions:
    What are the results if there are 2 sectors with the same freq aiming to each other?
    What is the reason that the power of the serving cell is smaller then the neighbouring cells, but still won’t HO. Is it because of the freq interference?

Thank u

uji

when 2 sectors facing towards eachother vid same frequency is nt the complete question i want to knw whether they r having same hsn or nt, if yes then it will facethe downlink interference which inturns effect the quality.

Pix

Hello Sun,

>> What are the results if there are 2 sectors with the same freq aiming to each other?

High call drops, impossible to make HO, impossible to make a call setup.

>> What is the reason that the power of the serving cell is smaller then the neighbouring cells, but still won’t HO. Is it because of the freq interference?

Cell A and Cell B are neighbors. Therefore, they don’t use the same frequency.

sun

Thank you guys for your answers.

The sectors have different hsn.

Pix

So they have different frequencies.

Imtiaz

The title of your post says “BCCH Interference”. If I analyze your first question in this regard then:

Question: What if two BCCH sectors having same BCCH Frequencies are facing each other?

Answer: As Pix mentioned, call setup failures, call drops, HO failures, interference etc. HSN does not matter because BCCH TRX has a single frequency; the BCCH Frequency (It is not on hopping)

Question: What is the reason a mobile terminal remains camped on on a cell (serving cell) even when neighbouring cells show better levels?

Answer (considering only level handovers): According to cell reselection criteria, HO takes place when a mobile terminal sees that a cell has levels that are greater than levels of the serving cell by some threshold; i.e.,
    Level (new cell) > Level (serving cell) + Threshold

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    if BCCH is interfered (Co-channel or adjacent), what happens with calls on other TRXs with different frequencies (non hopping or SFH)? Will those calls have degradations in quality?
    Regards,
    Fresh Opt

para

“Answer (considering only level handovers): According to cell reselection criteria, HO takes place when a mobile terminal sees that a cell has levels that are greater than levels of the serving cell by some threshold; i.e.,
    Level (new cell) > Level (serving cell) + Threshold”

Also, penalty time may hold MS camped on a cell (Act) even though NC1 may display a better C1 and C2

SHELDON

Fresh Opt,

No, you wouldn’t have a degradation in quality, unless those frequencies are also interfered themselves.

However, you’ll have a degradation in quality if the calls are setup on the BCCH TRX.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Fresh Opt

Thanks Sheldon,
    but, what about system information (SI), would they be decoded by MS. Or will measurement reports well understood by BTS? Because all these informations go through BCCH.
    Regards,
    Fresh Opt

Anshu

so frnd wat u think about BSIC…?

Pix

Fresh,

It depends on whch direction is your interference :
    DL BCCH interference : poor SI decoding, poor paging sucess rate, poor SDCCH assignment % (if SDCCH on the TRX1), poor SDCCH Drops and poor TCH establishment & TBF establishment on that particular TRX.
    Other TRXs are not impacted. (= tCH & TBF allocation on those TRX is still fine)

UL BCCH interference : poor RACH success + SDCCH assign & drops + TCH/TBF estab fail%

Now, if a MS is camping on a cell from which the SI msg are mis-decoded, then the MS will reselect another cell.
    Same thing if LU & call setups can’t go through, a reselection *should* occur.

cheers
    pix

Fresh Opt

Thanks guys!

mahesh

what is bcch and bsic in practically

Solee

Kindly Advise me what changes In cell Reselection Functionality would occur if I have Neighbors with the same BCCH!??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.