Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CAMEL roaming

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RASH

CAMEL roaming
    I want to know what is the standred in this case in 3GPP;

When receiving an InitialDP message with the Event Type Bcsm “collectedInfo” (TDP-2), the SCP differentiates an InitialDP for an MO call from an InitialDP for an MF call by means of the following criteria:

-The InitialDP for an MO call must include the parameter Called Party BCD Number.

-When recognizing an InitialDP message for an MO call, the SCP uses the LocationInformation/vlr-number or MSC number parameter in the InitialDP for identifying the calling subscriber’s serving network and reply??

in case the vlr number equal to MSC number , we don’t face any problem, but in case the vlr number is not equal MSC number we face a problem that we don’t reply to the MSC.

we must care about vlr number or MSC number. do you have any idea about this or how we can fix this problem.

Pan

Dear, RASH!
    There is only VLR-address (not MSC-address) in LocationInformation parameter. In which information element of Initial DP for MO call you found out MSC-address?

RASH

Dear

we didn’t found MSC address, our problem as following;

1. roaming partner send initiaDP to our IN.
    2.our SCP will reply to their MSC, with continue message.
    3.we configure our SCP to reply to VLR. (by using VLR number in initiDP message) is this right????

My question is;

1.our SCP will reply to their MSC, with continue message. is this right??
    2. if yes from where our SCP can know the MSC number.
    3. if no, our SCP will reply to VLR. then VLR will forward this message?????

in brief,,what is the exact scenario , and how we must configure our SCPs.

thanks

Pan

Dear, RASH!

1. Your SCP will send response on Initial_DP from SSP (i.e. MSC). This response is routed by using Global Tytle in SCCP_Called Party Addres.
    2. SCCP_Called party address of response is derived from SCCP_Calling Party Addres of Initial DP.

Pan

…you may see more about Camel procedures in 23.078.

Dragan

The VLR and MSC have the same address!
    I did not see one operator so far to have these addresses separate

Wallis Dudhnath

Due to the close interaction with the MSC and VLR most vendors will have the MSC/VLR configuration.
    Having a separation via ss7 links will be a real bottleneck.

CAMEL (e.g. Phase) is a well defined Standard that brings on board MAP V3 and CAP V2.

ELENi

HOW CAN I CHECK THAT OUR VLR send TO RP’s SCP the Initial DP with service key xxxxx

T

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Eleni,

In the past I have used a Protocol Analyser to check the contents of INAP / CAP (CAMEL) methods(). You can look at Layer 3 to see the parameters that are being sent by the gsmSSF entity. Your vendor’s gsmSSF/MSC should support traces that can be activated via MML.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.