Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Antena hoping

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Rex.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kamal kotecha

Hi to all..
    What is antena hoping? I have heard about frequency hoping but not this one….although we r using it in our nokia systems….
    And due to antena hoping,we r not able to reset individual trx,we need to reset whole sector…
    So,how it is related to individual trx…?
    Pix can u guide…?
    Regards,
    kamal

Pix

This feature is not yet implemented in alcatel… perhaps next year. So basically, i don’t know the details.

Probably each TRX is transmitting alternatively on both antennas (or both polarization of the cross polar antenna). Now, why would that mean that resetting one TRX is impossible.. i don’t know.

vikas thakur

Hi,
    What is antena hoping? I have heard about frequency hoping but not this one….although we r using it in our nokia systems….
    And due to antena hoping,we r not able to reset individual trx,we need to reset whole sector…
    So,how it is related to individual trx…?
    Pix can u guide…?
    Regards,
    vikas

helomoto

Antenna hop, will not allow you to block-deblock, run test on an Invidual trx-.. at this time there is also a software issue with using vswr with ant hop active.

if site has mcpa, you will be required to turn off ant hop.

Rex

I took from IEEE Xplore:

“Transmitter diversity is an attractive means for improving the performance of the downlink in a cellular system. This paper investigates one of these methods, referred to as antenna hopping, which consists in transmitting consecutive bursts of information on different antennas. Provided that the antenna branches are exposed to different multipath fading, a gain is achieved. Results from simulation of the GSM TCH/FS (full rate speech channel) reveal that the gain of hopping on two uncorrelated antennas is 2.9 dB for low speed terminals in an urban environment, and 5.4 dB for an indoor environment with semi-stationary users. The maximal gain is shown to be reduced at high cross-correlation and difference in path loss between the antenna branches. Antenna hopping combined with frequency hopping is shown to further enhance performance. With antenna hopping on two antennas, the maximal gain can be obtained by using frequency hopping on only 4 frequencies instead of 8 without antenna hopping. Finally, a comparison is made with delayed transmitter diversity, which is shown to have no essential advantages over antenna hopping at low terminal speed, which is the situation where diversity is really needed”.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.