Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

chain topology

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FLM

Hi,
    Could anyone please explain in a chain topology when a hubsite gets some problem, why it may affect the other sites in the chain?
    Is this related to Abis?
    I would appreciate if you give a senario and discuss about it.

Thank you very much.

Kamal

Ya,definately due to abis…
    If u r using microwave as a media,then e1 passing from the hub site will be affected 4 sure…
    Use d protection hop if loop is not fesiable,otherwise fiber will be good alternative…

FLM

Thanks you very much Kamal.

FLM

HI,

Is it possible that a hubsite is down but the dependent sites are working? ( in a chain topology)

Kamal

Basicaly,the answer is yes,but not always…
    Consider these…
    1.suppose your hub site is directly connected to ur bsc with 16*2m channel. One of d channel is droped at that site,and rest 15 r forwarded…then if the link bet’n bsc n hub site gets down,all depended sites including hub will be down….
    Now,
    2.same 16*2m is connected bet’n bsc n hub..but hub site is getting e1 from another hop having 8*2m (or whatever)..
    Now,in this case if any link gets down,not all depending sites will be down….
    (exceptions r always there…what during d power issue….?!!!)

FLM

HI KAMAL,
    Thankk you so much for your answer.I got the it.

FLM

HI,
    I suggest everyone who has experience with Nokia bts, share his experiences in diagnose and troubleshooting of sites. (Mirowave or etc).Decision making very strongly depends on the alarms we see in hubmanager.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.