Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SD blocked

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rkb

I have found blocked call(SD block) in TEMS log file.
    The layer 3 message was ‘missing immediate assignment’ while the MS requested channel(AGCH) (in the call attempt retry).
    After 2 retry (as by the max_retransmission parameter)the call was blocked.and the layer 3 message was ‘No immediate assignment’.
    What does that layer 3 messages mean?Does it mean to any specific cause for that Block?
    I know that thats a SD block.But I couldnt find the reason for that block.There supposed to be no SD blocking.

rkb

why there was no immediate assignment command from the bts after ms requested for channel by RACH?..what may be the cause?..

Pix

This is normal,

In case the SDCCH channels are all busy (= high sdcch congestion rate), then the BTS doesn’t have to reply to the MS.
    The MS will then retry by itself, by sending a second and then a third CHANNEL REQUEST.

This is a standard mode of operation.

There is feature called “immediate assignment reject” that can be activated, so the BTS will send a message (IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT REJECT). This is not mandatory though. It works better this way though (generates less sdcch congestion), so I usually recommend to activate it.

rkb

hi Pix,
    Other then SD Congestion,is there any other reason which may cause bts doesnt have to reply to ms?
    Because,I found no SD congestion for that cell fom the statistics.

“There is feature called “immediate assignment reject” that can be activated, so the BTS will send a message (IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT REJECT).”
    thats mean we have to enable this feature to get “immediate assignment reject” in case of SD congestion?

Pix

hi,

other possibility: the BTS never received the channel request in the first place. A problem of poor path balance (problem of UL reception), or just bad coverage ?
    Or interference on the UL BCCH?

for the 2nd question: yes

TNS

Hi, Pix.

If the MS request is filtered using RACH_TA_FILTER is there any specific message via air interface?

BR

Pix

TNS,
    No DL message at all.
    The MS will retry MAX_RETRANS times to send a CH_REQUEST but there’ll never be an answer from the BTS.

TNS

Yes, I know it…
    So it’s another possibility (for answer of the main case )…

BR

Pix

Oh, ok, i got it now. the question mark threw me off the scent 🙂

TNS

HI, Pix

I was almost sure, so it was a question.
    After you confirmation it was a “conclusion”.
    (I know it = I knew it – my mystake ).

BR

Pix

We are getting to a serious degree of subtlety here… 🙂

mnr

immediate assignment

GSM ENTHUSIAST

the missing immediate assignment would definetely mean there was no sd allocated.This could be due to more reasons other than blocked SD.simply put,an sd assignment failure.could be due to a lack of sd resources,radio issues,TX issues between BSC and BTS…etc

Rachael

how many call attempt retry is possible before call block?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.