Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Location Area Update Failure

• This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ayat.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Baig

hi
    What is the reason for the Location Area update failure. Sites have been rehomed to new BSC. All the parameter definations are correct in BSC and sites are in the same BSC as well but there are continues LAC update failures in the region.

adcguy

Is the new BSC under a different LAC? If so, they hv to be redefined in the MSC(fairly obvious, but its easy to forget such stuff!! :))

subarn

There are some cells in location area borders with high failure. when i reduced TA and change the ARFCN , failure reduced but still the failure is around 8000 in whole day. when i again reduced CRO and CRH of 1800 cell then failure increased upto 10000. please suggest what could be the reason for this and how to solve this types of problems.

Agha

Subarn,
    what abt SD drops?

subarn

There is SD assgnment failures somehow but no significant SD drops and congestion exist.

kammaz

Hi it seams to be a HW pb. did you try to restart the worst cell? is this a Alcatel BSC’s?

Gaurab

Hi guys, i have faced an issue of Data Working while mobile in no service mode and post analysis of log a Location Area Update fails Post Authentication failure has been noticed. Suggesting a resolution to this issue would be of great help.

LEMAURE

which technology is that?
    has routing area update when through normally?

Gaurab

This is happening in vodafone in a specific msc..but during DT lig analysis it has been seen that Loc update fails mostly after authentication failure..which seems to be an authentication failure of TMSI.Plz suggest how far i am correct

LEMAURE

Trace should provide more detail on LU failure reason. It may be TMSI allocation or not…
    Also check on the timers T3250,3260,3270 and make sure they are set to 5 sec

Ayat

Hi
    How to control “Unknown subscriber” in LOC Up errors by delete huge inactive SIM from HLR

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.