Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Handover 2G to 3G

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CF

Hello,

I have been having some problems by performing 2G to 3G handover in a mix scenario (2G belong to Alcatel-Lucent while 3G is Ericsson). I have set all the parameters from 2G network in order to execute the process but it is not working properly.

The only way the handover process works is when the call is initiated on 3G Node B, then handed over to 2G network (this process works just fine) and then come back to 2G, so the sequence should be 3G to 2G to 3G. If I initiated the call on 2G and I try to do the handover to 3G it doesn’t happen.

Another thing that is relevant is the fact that 2G parameter (Alcatel-Lucent) EN_2G_3G_NO_SERVICE_HO need to enable to perform the handover.

Can anybody help me?

Rgds,

Uche

hello,

You will need to ensure the 3G MSC node has the right classmark RFC values are configured.

I worked on a project that involved handover between Huawei 3G and Ericsson 2G. I am pretty sure the procedure is the same, irrespective of the switch.

Make sure the 3G node can receive the classmark values sent by the 2G MSC.

Usually, the problem will be from ciphering and classmark parameters. Make sure the 2G MSC node has the same config parameters as the 3G node.

The best way though, is to check out your support site for similar project experience that has been shared (I am assuming you have acess to Alcatel-Lucent site)

I hope this helps give you an idea of what to look out for.

cheers

debapam kundu

please share me 2g to 3g handover nsn parameter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.