Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

call drop BSS internal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mouf

Hi,

What is the solution for high BSS internal call drop?

Pix

Internal call drop is usually due to O&M lock/unlock or due to “crazy” software reboot (BSC software or BTS software… it depends)

How many cells are having high BSS int. call drop ? What is the value ?

Ali

BSS internal drops may also cause due to fluctuation on ABIS,if the BSS is Alcatel, then check for historic alarms from OMC,to check is there any fluctuations or even any sector which fluctuate due to any hardware issue..

mouf

hi

two cells of the same site, the value is 17% and 10 respectively

Pix

Ali,

Abis fluctuations are mostly reflected by “remote transcoder” call drops, not “internal bss” call drops. But perhaps you’re facing a special problem on your abis?

Mouf,

2 cells of one site… Well, are you sure nobody lock/unlock or reset an equipment in the BTS ?
    Just to be sure, you can always check alarms… but IMO you need to ask a BTS expert to check the site onsite (with BTS terminal, I assume ? I don’t know much about equimment)

Ali

hello pix,yes u r rite,but i remember one such case so i wrote,other wise as mouf said,the problem hes facing in two sectors i think there must be some problem with respective ANCs.

Pix

Ali,

interesting.. do you remember what was so special about this case ? Because normally, abis fluctuations –> remote TC drops. So in your case, there must have been something different about those Abis fluctuations… perhaps some IDU problems, the device experiencing some software bugs?

mouf

Hi pix,

My problem is solved after my BTS was down and then start working the problem is solved. i note that the BTS was down not intetionally.

Pix

Mouf,

Ok, there’s a trick with alcatel BTS… everytime you see something is wrong, don’t think : just lock/unlock the TRX and/or the BTS! It will solve 50% of your issues 🙂

Ali

Agreed with pix 100%, as we have also seen hard reset the best solution to Alcatel BSS… :)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.