Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Reason of high ICM band in every site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Indranil

Hi Pix,

After swap activity (several sites)in new BSC it is being observed that all the sites having high ICM band & tch drop coun ts increasing rather than previous network.
    frequency planning are same which BCCH/BSIC/hopping frequencies were
    used in previous network.

hardware & feeder/jumper has been checked thoroughly for every site, no fault found.

can u suggest me what should be the probable causes & way for rectification.

ur reply ll be highly appreciated.
    BR//
    Indranil,

Pix

Hi Indranil,

This is rather critical… Nobody can help you out from the vendor’s side ? They should be responsible for this degradation… can’t they provide any kind of support ?
    what is the new brand of equipment ?

Laxmikant

What do u mean by ICM band

Maxcell

Laxmikant,

ICM is “Idle Channel Measurement”. It measures uplink interference while TCH or SDCCH is idle. There are 5 ICM band due to the interference level. The worst one is the 5th one, the best one is the first.

Albert Landicho

Is this a regular site and not a Fiber DAS site? Did you check the TMAs?

Purusharth

In addition to this the TS are placed in various ICM bands on basis of data for quality collected in the last 5 calls (may vary as per vendors but this is a standard) on that TS. If there is any call drop observed in the last 5 calls history due to quality issues the TS is placed in one poorer ICM band.

Check the interference levels (DL & UL) and TA.

If there is a rise in poor DL/UL quality post swap then there is a chance that the new equipment is radiating more power (usually old equipment’s power reduces-e.g. it shows 43dBm but actually its less due to old equipment or antenna fault).
    The same results in increase of interference regions as duew to increase of power the area of overlap reions increase and thus more calls face interference in comparison to last scenario so eventually the TS record pooroer quality bins in last 5 calls and thus more number of TS are mapped to poorer ICM bands.

Purusharth

Is that Indranil Hui Sir?

SAROJ KUMAR SENAPATI

what is the exact meaning of ICM Band?

Eric KYEI

High ICM Band values on sector D on a site in Ghana

Dayananda

Dear Sir,
    We have one IBS site here we have airtel,Vodafone,aircel,bsnl & tata cdma & gsm, this is combinations of passive & active, here also I am facing high ICM issues with airtel, we checked all cables & connectors but we are not found any issues in these accessories. for tata cdma we used band pass filter but after filter also we are facing same issues when tata cdma we connect to DAS that time airtel ICM goes to high(for all fz combining purpose we used POI also),pls give me your valuable suggestion.

pix

hi daya,

try to disconnect each equipement one by one, in order to see which one is the culprit.

regards
    pix

devendra

i want to know about of ICM band in (CDMA),

and also know MIMO,SISO

shen

Previously when the site had just GSM 900 ICM band was ok but after carrying out expansion with GSM 1800 in second carrier ICM band raided and traffic reduced. Is there any relevance and how can I solve it?

What are the reasons for HIGH ICM band?

ankit.singhal85@yahoo.com

how we define the interference band for the GSM. specify the 3GPP TS for that.

Naef

Dear Gents ,
    I’m facing ICM Band issue in one site & all the Hardoware connection checked , can you please advise How we can solve this issue .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.