Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VSWR for 1800

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jacubs

I am trying to measure the VSWR of a DCS 1800 cell, and all I get is unreasonable measurements. Please, guide me for this problem.

Thanks.

jamil

We always take 2 test in vswr machine one for distance to fault
    Another one for measure match ( frequency )
    If u are calibration the bird machine or any machine at 1800 .
    You suppose to do the this thing .
    First calibration must be full .
    Second test the frequency by press on auto if its gave u more them 1.5 for limit line means the feeder is dirty at contactor .
    Third distance to fault u must see the damage in connecter or feeder some time the contactor not preparing good and must be less them 1.05 for limit line

finn

I remember, you should have a 1.4 VSWR limit on your SiteMAster and 1.5 for scaling. If you over the 1.5 and that is not acceptable. How does your DTF looks like? I hate DCS..

Furqan Mahmood

what is a vswr..?
    wot we do wid it?wot we measure..?
    why vswr reading more dan 1.3 is nt good .?

finn

The MTN want the limit line 1.6 for 1800mhz and 1.5 for 900mhz if u have diplexer for the (VSWR)
    And the better diplexer u will not face any problem when u used it is Kathrein .
    1.5 for 1800 mhz and 1.4 for the900mhz but most time i get between 1.3-1.4 and its good

jamil

sorry finn i write ur name up in the vswr for mtn

David

Hi,

Definition of VSWR – Please refer some of your older books.(frankly i too dono.)

Coming to the practical point. I hope you are having a VSWR meter. First check whether the frequency band is in 1800 Mhz. Mostly the range may be in 900 band n u may get false reading. Next, for DTF (Distace to fault)first give the app. distance of your comlpet cable length. most meters will have D1 and D2 points where in u can give the distance; the meter has to measure.

Normal values has to be 1.4 for VSWR and 1.04 for DTF. If u get a value say 64.5 VSWR it means that the port is opened somewhere. u can also say that the signal which was sent by VSWR meter has not all returned back. Ultimately the job of a VSWR meter is to send a signal n check the value of signal returned and if not, the measure of signal loss, n also the distance where the signal is lost.

if u get a a very high level VSWR, then disconnect the cable from vswr meter, n connect an omni/bulb type of antenna(2dBi) antenna n check the value, this i to know whether the value that u get once u connect to the cable is right.

hope u r atleast a bit clear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.