Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TRICK TO IDENTIFY

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Hi all….
    Is there any intelligent way or some trick by which we can identify the swaps of feeders between antenna’s, other than manual trace from antenna to bts cabinet which needs a reager.

Regards

Johnson Crew

If your network is implementing HCS for 2 different bands,say 900 and 1800, use the handover statistics.

All other things been equal, you should experience more handovers from 900 and 1800 sectors pointing to the same direction.

Pix

MKT,

An intelligent way, i don’t know, but a tiresome and difficult one, yes !

Swap of single feeders (either the Tx/Rx or the RxDiv of one sector, with the Tx/Rx or RxDiv of another sector) –> Detected with poor path balance, showing a poor UL. Indeed, the RxDiversity is not efficient anymore. If both BCCH are transmitting on the same antenna (Tx sect 1 and Tx sect 2), you might notice a lot of HO between the 2 sectors.

Swap of both feeders (and it works also for single feeders):
    the handovers are not flowing towards the direction it should. For instance, the sect 1 shall normally HO to a cell “C” from a neighbor BTS. Also, the sect 2 shall HO to a cell “D”.
    But you detect the opposite.
    As I said, it’s a bit exhausting… But you can do some macro perhaps ? Based on geographical coordinates.

optimiser

Alos check HO trafic between the two cells and neighbout cells.

looking at the directions of the cells, the number of HOs between these two cells and their common neighbours may give you a fair idea of wether they are pointing in the same direction or not.

optimiser

oops, the last phrase was supposed to be “right direction” not “same direction”

pix

optimizer,

it’s what i said, isn’t it ?

MKT

Thanks ……..

But i think it is a FULL FLEDGED EXERCISE.

NOT a TRICK.

I will try a “Method” …which if successful , i will share with you all.

Regards….

pix

MKT,

You ask for a trick, now you complain and you want a method…

You’re playing with words…

We gave you the only solution, call it whichever way you want, but your “method” will be based on checking the HO flow direction (or the C/I RMS, also, is another method).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.