Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPU Monitoring

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BHH

What are the main indicators in RNO for GPU monitoring?

Kamaz

It’s not an RNO Object but you can monitor GPU indicators by using “Other Objects” on RNO interface.
    NB: you must decode the name of GPU

BHH

ok i identified them, but i’am asking for the most important KPI’s to be monitored.

Kamaz

Normally, you check the number of LLC PDU transferred Frame (for Traffic Load)by GPU, the number of TBF established by GPU. Also, you can monitor other estbalish Fail KPI’s like the number of fail establishment due to BSS Pb and…
    I hope its ok now

BR’s

BHH

can i have more details of the RNO indicator called “PMU_CPU_POWER_BUDGET”; what it does really reflect?

pix

hi bhh,

per GPU, the most important indicators are, in my opinion:

Ater congestion rate
    Number of GCH busy (112 GCH per Ater)
    DSP Load
    CPU Load

You will also find all KPIs you can also monitor per cell (TBF estab, LLC bits, etc) but i assume you’re already monitoring them at cell level. The GPU level is just an extra, but not “KPI” per say.

The CPU power budget is the most obscure indicator I’ve seen. I’ve no idea what it means, but I think I found something about the CPU power budget in a document describing the MFS. However, I’m not sure such an indicator is useful for us, radio engineers.

Regards,
    Pix

BHH

thanks pix, just another question concerning the DSP and CPU load , i thnik taht in RNO the load is given only when the MFS is in load state, therefore the normal load could not be evaluated. am i right?

Pix

Yes, I think you’re correct. This indicator does not represent the current load, but rather the time the GPU is in “load” state (above 80%, isn’t it ?)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.