Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM basics

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    alexander

to Mohammad Yasin:
    Hi, Mohammad !
    I’m also work a lot with BSS Split aplication, you should be very carefully with it, even one incorrect value in one cell may crash whole split sheet, and even if you have done all things correctly the split application move some parameters from one BSC to another uncorrectly… among these uncorrect parameters: DTX mode, RX diversity, alarms outputs…
    alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

Mohammad Yasin

Thanks Alexander
    It was really nice to have response from your side.AND THANKS FOR THE LINK.Can i got your mail id so that i can discuss some more queries with u as I am new to this field.
    Thanks
    My mail id is engineeryasin@yahoo.com

Mohammad Yasin

i am working on Nokia Bsc’s and we are Synchronising the internal handovers Why.
    In the site creation there is the option of Sync Mode which we select Independent .and at the site we define the Clock Priority as 1.Clock being received from MSC
    2.Clock of the BTS.13.000000Mhz
    Now all the BTS’s are connected with the same MSC and so getting the same clock so there should not any issue Syncronised internal handovers mandatory.and non sycronised with the external.
    This is my view.Plz correct me if needed anywhere

Rohit

Dear all

i’m very new to gsm plz help me imprving my understandig for the subject plz let me know from where i’ll get the info about
    1. hardware parts of GSm BTs and their functioning
    2. fundamentals of gsm

thanking u all
    rohit

NguyenQuangMinh

hi, everybody
    I’m very new in GSM network, please tell me how can i improve the quality of service in GSM networks, and how to recalculate the traffic in GSM

kartik

hi mohammad !

can you tell me what is the difference in between FR and EFR?

alexander

to katik:
    FR – full rate
    EFR – enhansed full rate
    it is a 13 k/s codecs which used in GSM, I didn’t remember exact specification for them, but you can find them on http://www.etsi.org
    quality of sound at EFR is better then at FR, the voice at EFR is more “live”, more “open” … I can’t explaine the difference, you have to hear it to understand…

alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

kartik

thanks alexander.

but i m having confusion about specification. for HF and EFR i know that there is dif of bit rate. but for FR an EFR i think there is no dif of bit rate. so that what dif is there in FR and EFR?

and other thing can you tell some thing about nokia switch. i m working on switch.

thanks
    -kartik

Mohammad Yasin

Hi Kartik
    EFR is a speech coding algorithm giving a better speech quality than FR.Alex has correctly mentioned the speech rate of 13 kbit/s.
    The major difference between EFR and FR is the speech coding algorithm itself.
    Stay in Touch

Zvonko

Hi,
    I’m new in EWSD.Help me please!
    Witch measurement should I use to find a problem during conversations of subscribers.
    When subscriber make a call the other side is having ring, and then is a silence, after hes answer. They make 2-3 atempts before they have succesfull call. I there s way to find a solutions on some measurements for this?
    Its not a drop in spots, some idea?

Mohammad Yasin

Hi All
    A new query.I wanted to know how memory is being divided in a 32k SIM and 16k SIM.i.e how much memory for messages and how much for numbers being stored in the SIM and how much for the operator services in general.Are there any Standards or there it depends on the operator.I am considering the handsets without any memory .
    Thanks

rohit

dear all
    any body can help me out
    plz tell me
    1. step by step procedure of installation and commissioning of NOKIA Ultra site BTS
    2. Step By step procedure for NOKIA BTS testin BER TESTING

thanking u all here

Lydia

Hi
    I am new to the architecture and services planning of GSM. I am doing a research on MMS,WAP and their interworking. Can anyone help with information on how WAP and MMS interwork?

Lydia

Hi
    I am new to the architecture and services planning of GSM. I am doing a research on MMS,WAP and their interworking. Can anyone help with information on how WAP and MMS interwork?

nasser

dear, sir
    i want to inport some matain divice
    because i have work shop .
    i want prices them
    1-SA SERIES SPECTRUM ANALYZER.3G
    2-CNT-85R frquncy counter 2.7G
    3-AMPLIFIERS AND BOOSTERS.
    SITE ANLYZER TM 400( 25 MHZ TO 4GHZ)
    THANK

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.