Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DTX

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DTX

dear
    can any body help me in TEMS layer 3 where can i find message show DTX is working or not

pix

i don’t think that’s a layer 3 msg, but maybe i’m wrong.

DTX

pix
    if it is not in layer 3msg we can see in trace? which interface?

Michele

Hi DTX, you can find that information (enabling on DL and UL respectively on half rate/full rate channels…) into the Cell Option IE of the System Information Type 3 and System Information Type 6.

The real usage on MS side on the current SACCH period is communicated to the network into the Mesurement Result message

Regards

pix

michele,

but within one SACCH period (480ms), there could be some DTX (SID) frames and some actual speech frames, isn’t it ? If that’s the case, how to know how many times DTX was used within 480ms? (= 24 speech frames)

I forgot the details…

Michele

Hi Pix, you’ll be able to know the number of speech frames received by MS on a SACCH period only if Enhanced measurement Report are enabled on that cell. In fact the IE field NBR_RCVD_BLOCKS contains that information. The field DTX_USED instead informs BTS/BSC about the use of DTX in UL (on mS side) on the current SACCH perion. This information is fundamental for BTS: if DTX was sed by MS, BTS has to evaluate the SUB measurement set; if instead DTX was not used into the current SACCH period, BTS has to evaluate the FULL measurement set.

A remark: NBR_RCVD_BLOCKS is the number of correctly decoded speech frames on MS side. It can be < 24 also in case DTX was not used in DL, but there is interference on the DL link. BTS/BSC knows the right number of frames transmitted in DL, so it's able to perform the correct measurements. Regards, Michele

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.