Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

OML down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mer

Hi

OML = Operation & maintenace link (link with OMCR, for supervision)

my question is: if we have OML down, can BTS realated with it carry traffic

once I have see a BTS with OML down (OMC engineer see it(BTS) down and on the site OML LED blink), but BTS behavior (all LED’s for TRX, Abis and O&M) indicate that traffic is supported. it is possible ?

just OML LED NOK

note: OML was down because we had a faulty card in the BSC (I don’t know witch card)

network:Alcatel B9, BTS A9100, BSC G2

Mangafull

Hi Mer

OML cut = BTS down

yes, OML is used for supervision but it also carry signaling, (no signaling=> no traffic). the behavior of BTS was good because O&M is up but if you restart BTS (switch off an on) you can see that your BTS is down.
    you said:”OML was down because we had a faulty card in the BSC” = if BSC can’t control BTS = 🙂

OML

hi friends

I agree with mangafull, without OML communication can’t be established but how, this what I wont to know

Sumith

Hi

Some reare case I had noticed, with out OML Alcatel G4 bts is working. Problem with the SUMA card in most case. Not a problem with BSC(TCUC card related to OML: you can see from OMC). If you power reset the BTS OML back to normal. But after few days OML will fault again.

OML

CLEAR

Tanuj

If OML is down it only means that OMCR is not able to monitor the bSC and BTS if the signalling with MSC is working then the bts and bsc will work fine, oml down doesnt mean traffic is down

Vito

If OML is down, BTS can carry traffic. OML down = no supervision.

SUMA board is responsible for supervision at BTS

Vito,
    NOC engineer

krish

Hi,

then what it will affect ? will it not affect the traffic?

Rex

If Abis is OK and OML down that means BTS still works with the configuration it has in that moment and will carry traffic. But, it’s not possible to control BTS from OMC-R (do any changes etc.), you can’t know what it happens with BTS, is it really working or not. Somebody should go to the site and reset BTS.

KRISH

hI ,

THANKS CAN U TELL ME WHAT IS RF PERFORMANCE ALARM IN ERICSSON .IS IT RELATED TO VSWR?

(2)LOCAL MODE ALARM

(3) TS SYNC FAULT ALARM

(4) BTS INT AND EXT AFFECTED AND UNAFFECTED ALARM

Rex

Hi,
    I don’t know about Ericsson.
    BR

Muhammad Amir

We are VSAT service provider for GSM operators, we are facing a OML fault alaram on our MSC end over our VSAT media. Can anyone tell me that it can be a media fault or it comes from BTS or MSC end.

we are using Ercisson BTS. when OML fault comes, our VSAT media is remain sync and shows UP but site goes down and after passed some hours, the site goes UP automaticaly without doing anything.

Please Help !!

Pix

Hello,

If the VSAT link is “up” while the BTS is rebooting, I would say the problem comes from the BTS itself.

Does it happen regularly ?

And only on one BTS ?

I would check all BTS timers, ensure that they are well sized to take into account the 500ms RTT, and check the BTS Alarms to investigate what caused the BTS down.

lois

OML Means Transmission Issue But There are lot of Issue Related about OML fault.

Uchechukwu Samuel omenogor

SUMA can not download software, BTS get disconnected after the third download of software and shows time out after some minute due to delat for BTS to connect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.