Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Interference

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nish

Dear All

How to identify the interference in a particular cell. Are ther any special index should be considered.. or measures…? plz let me know asp……

Pix

Check out the number of HO due to bad quality or due to interference in the cell. This is the easiest way to detect interference.
    To see how severe they are, check out the TCH assignment failure and the call drop rate.

IF available, check the IDLE BAND measurements (in alcatel system)

nish

Dear Pix

I didn’t understand what do you mean by HO…
    As you say there are TCH assignment failures and call drops….but we cannot say that its due to interference……so I want the definite identification for that………Plzzzzz

RH

here’s some more procedure:

1)If you have any optimization tool to plot the measurment graph of rx_level and rx_qual in the same graph, and if you see that rx_qual is poor and rx_level is strong,then you can guess interference in that cell.

2)Get the BER statistics for each TRX of a prticularly cell. Interference affected TRX should have high BER.(But high BER,may also due to faulty HW,so check this first).

3)Perform drivetest, try to setup call both in BCCH carrier and in non-BCCH carrier to see which are affected.

..and…Pix already mentioned to guess quickly probably the presence of interference.

Kamaz

Hi experts,
    In case of interference Pb, you will have low RxQual ( > 3) with high RxLev + Degradation of Call Drop, TCH Fail, HO Better Cell

If you have alcatel System check RMS measurments (RMS_Call_noisy_interference.
    But you need in last tstep to perform Drivetest

pix

HO = handovers

nish

Hi all

Thank you all of your concerns.

mas

Dears;
    If you mean interference due to frequacy it is better to check the SDDCH faiualr

Mahesh

How c/i is mesured in Hopping ???could any one explain this

Atapé

HI

Is there any OMC indicator for detecting interference in a cell for alcatel BSS?

ATTO

Hi pix,
    Could u plz tell me more about IDLE BAND measurements?

Pix

Atto,

Idle band measurements are done in UL by the BTS : when a TS is not used by a MS, the BTS listens to the noise on this particular timeslot.
    It gives an indication of the interference noise on this particular TRX.

Regards
    Pix

Antapé

Hi pix,

Is there any counter or indicator for interference measurement, in idle band? if not how can we observe result of idle measurement on free time slot?

pix

antapé, of course, there is an indicator for idle band measurement.
    You’ll find it in the PM Viewer, or in RNO.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.