Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HSN …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Hi all.

During drive test…
    TEMS INVESTIGATION..

I observe …
    In dedicated mode

whether the HSN is 2 or 22

the TCH frequecies are hopping in a cyclic manner…

for example:
    For HSN 1 MAIO=4
    I see following fashion:
    731>732>734>735>736>737>738>739>740>741>742>743>744>745>746>747>748>749

Is it said to be random???

Regards

MKT

Sorry

I missed yo type 733.

It is like

731>732>733>734>735>736>737>738>739>740>741>742>743>744>745>746>747>748>749>731….and same sequence

naser

Hi,
    How can you see from the drivetest(TEMS) that at each TDMA frame MS are at that particular hopping ARFCN ?
    I mean,I can see that ,TEMS shows only the hopping channel(yes/no) and the hopping frequencies,MAIo,HSN.
    But how you can see the hopping order from TEMS?

pix

MKT,

It is said to be “pseudo” random, defined by the parameters T1, T2, T3 and the HSN. Perhaps HSN 2 and 22 outputs the same sequence at this particular moment ?

I’m surprised TEMS can show you this sequence.. It will (should) change once in a while during the call, because the T1, T2 and T3 are changing. I forgot the details…

MKT

Hi,

You can check this in TEMS Pocket.

Pocket view ON

Menu No-1
    Serving Cell(1)
    B 13 25 -57
    t TC TS Tx
    C/I RQ FER
    ………

Here just have a look at TC which
    changes the pattern just I mentioned earlier….

Regards

Victor

The sequence you see is only the frecuencies that belong to the MAL assigned to this cell (in ascending order) , it´s not the real sequence for hopping. take in acount that the hopping is done too many times by second.

bjushka

Hi everyone,

I cant understand the difference between HSN = 1 and the other values of HSN (2,3,4…63) In case when we are applying RF hopping if HSN will order the frequencies (f1, f2, f3…fn) in a pseudo random order for HSN≠0, what diference will make if HSN is 1 ose 2 for exampe?
    Hope someone can help me, its a little bit confusing.

BR
    Bjushka

bjushka

its me again, about my question below, what is the meaning of using diffrent HSN in RF hopping? Maybe using values HSN = 1 or 2 or 3 … mean that we are using diffrent MA lists or is the way the random frequencies order is done in different timeslots???

Hope I was clear.
    BR
    bjushka

pix

hello,

yes, HSN is the order of the frequencies in the MA list.
    HSN 1 will generate a different “random” ordering than HSN 2.

There is no point knowing the “random” formulas. You should jsut know that each HSN will generate an order totally different than the other HSN. Except HSN 0 which is “no order” (cyclic)

Cheers
    pix

bjushka

so we can use the same MA list for example for two or three adjacent BTSs and the only thing we have to change is the HSN? Is this right?
    Pix could you help me with worthy 😉 materials, if you have, about frequency hopping feature. I am more interesed for Nokia systems.
    My e-mail is bjushka@gmail.com

thanks in advance
    bjushka

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    What’s the relevance of HSN in BaseBandHopping? What value should we use?
    Regards,

Junior RF Man

Do we use HSN in Base Band Hopping? In many documents mentioned that 2 HSN used in BBH. One of them for TSs-0, the rest for other TSs. Of course except BCCH TS.

Again my question is: do we use HSN in BBH? If yes, please explain. If not, please explain.

Thanks in advance…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.