Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Gs interface

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Host

hi all, how the mobile would know about the presence of the Gs interface to perform a combined GPRS/IMSI attach? thanks in advance

pix

The MS doesn’t know it, but the BSS does. So the BSS will handle an IMSI ATTACH from the MS as a “COMBINED GPRS/IMSI ATTACH” –> The MS will actually communicate with the SGSN, instead of the MSC directly.

I don’t know all the details, if anyone can elaborate …

fedem

Also the MS should check the NMO (=Network Mode of Operation) inside “GPRS Cell Options”/SysInfo3.
    Based on this value and its MS Class, the mobile has to know if it has to perform a combined attach.
    ciao,
    f.

Pan

Yes, MS know NMO from system info (from SI13\GPRS Cell Options). When MS want to perform any mobility management procedures (e.g. Attach/Detach) and NMO=I, it should indicate to network what Type of Attach it doing in attach request (only GPRS attach, GPRS attach with already IMSI Attached or Combined GPRS / IMSI attach ).

pix

oh, ok, i thought it was working differently. thanks for the info !

Ubaid

We are receiving call clearing on Cause value 47 in our network. any Idea what could be the problem

Bijoy

Hi Ubaid
    What is the clear code Info?

Br\\
    Bijoy

Ubaid

Sorry Guys It was my first time on this forum. This clear code is not related to Gs interface. It is related to call Clearing. The desccription is
    “This cause is used to report a resource unavailable event only when no other cause in the resource unavailable class applies.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.