Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

shot code+ international roaming

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Raja

Hi

I would like to ask a question about short code in roaming;

if the Sub call short code number (short code in HPLMN) when he roam abroad. is it required to the VPLMN network support a short code.

or the VPLMN will check the CC+NDC and send the IAM message to HPLMN network. even if this number is short code.

Pan

Dear, Raja! Any VPLMN has its own routeing scheme. And if there is no CAMEL agreements between HPLMN and VPLMN operators then VPLMN will route such call according to its own routeing scheme. In Camel case CAMEL SCP substitutes the original dialed short code with service centre directory number in international format. After that the call is established to HPLMN Service Centre.

Raja

hi,,

In my question I mean Camel agreement.

Can you explain more how the call flow for short code. and if there is any specific requirement should be in HPLMN to offer this service.

thanks

Pan

Dear, Raja,
    For allowing this service HPLMN and VPLMN should support CAMEL. There are a number CAMEL functional entity must be deployed in HPLMN: CSE (SCP), SSP, IP.. VPLMN operator needs to administrate CAMEL IN Triggering table in VMSC i.e. VMSC should support SSF (service sitching function). You may see more about CAMEL in 3GPP 22.078, 23.078.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.