Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SMS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nish

Dear all

I want the information that once, a particular subscriber send a sms to another guy, what is the flow of the SMS tx.

Ram

To be simple, the flow will be from MS – MSC -SMSC – after enquiry with HLR – MSC – MS.

nish

Dear Ram

I want the signalling flow…….like SDCCH, TCH…so on

pix

RACH (UL): channel request
    AGCH (DL): immediate assignment
    SDCCH (UL&DL): DTAP phase (authentication)
    same : SMS transmission
    Channel release

-end-

nish

Dear Ram

thanx a lot dear

pix

you’re welcome dear

Sachin

Hey Pix,

Does SMS floats on SDCCH? Thanks for the information. And what about other supplementary services (like Call hold / waiting tone etc.)

Sachin

Pix

Yes, SMS is usually on SDCCH. The only (rare) alternative I know is the “SMS over GPRS”, where a PDCH is allocated to the SMS senders / receivers.

I’ve never seen it live though…

Pix

Call Hold and other supp. services are probably on the TCH (but i’m not sure). It seems dangerous to allocate a SDCCH for such “long” procedures, because SDCCH resources are critical and shall not be wasted.

Pan

I think, that non-call assotiated supplementary services (e.g. Call Forwarding operations) are activated, deactivated, interrogated etc. on SDCCH. But invocation Call Hold during the call is transfered on SACCH. Call Waiting Tone is standart supervisory tone and more likely than not is generated in MS on basis of signals (SACCH) from the network.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.