Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Mapping between SCCP and BSSMAP

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Pan

Circuit Identity Code is a traffic chanel id on A-interface and valid between MSC and BSC only. By knowing CIC MSC or BSC may correlate each signalling message from other peer on A-interface with appropriate call. There is switching matrix in BSC similar one in MSC but smaller. It is BSC related task to switch subslot on A-bis interface to subslot on A-ter interface (timeslot on A-interface) only during call time. There is no permanent static mapping a radiointerface TCH to A-interface TCH.

Sachin

Pan,

I had thought so also earlier. But CIC is an optional value. If suppose it is not provided in Assignment Request message, how would the DSC will then know which TS/Channel to provide for a call on E1 card? There must be some sort of static mapping required.

Sachin

Pan

Dear, Sachin,
    Yes, it is optional parameter, but if MSC requests TCH from BSC for speech call then terrestrial circiut (CIC) also must be allocated in Assignment Request. This CIC is correlated in BSC with Local Reference and TCH after TCH assignment. Using this information BSC switches the CIC with A-bis subslot assosiated with allocated TCH.

Sachin

Thanks Pan.

Thus, to summarize, we cant have a static mapping of Abis timeslot to E1 timeslot? Is it?

Sachin

Pan

Dear, Sachin,
    There is no meaning to have a static mapping because number of TCH on radiointerface > number of TS on A-interface. There is low probability that all TCH on all BTS will occupied simultaneously. And BSC must to support concentration function similar one Access Network (e.g. V.5.2) does in PSTN.

Sachin

Ok…

Thanks alot!!!!!

Sachin

khalid

i want to kno how can i give diffrent device chanel in e1 such like fox or RTU

MOHSEN

WHAT MEANS CIC IN WHEN INTERFACE CONTAIN COMPRESSED (AMR,EFR,FR,…) SOUND?

Ardhendu

Hi,
    Please let me know what will be the behavior of BSC if it receives 2 assignment request with different CIC on the same SCCP connection.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.