Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

N7 urgent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fahim

Hi everyone !

Some NSS guys are recommending thatnumber of N7s between one BSC-MSC should be even for load sharing ! Is there any valid reason for that ?

pix

load sharing over 5 N7 or 6 N7 is working the same way.. i don’t see any logical reason behind your friend recommendation, but maybe i’m missing something.

Abdel

In normal, the service load of different singling links that have the same priority and are led to the same Destination Signaling Point (DSP) should be equal. If the performance data show that the ratio of signaling link for transmission of links 0 and 2 is severely disproportional, while the receiving occupation percentage is basically equal. This indicates that the load sharing processing during the local-end signaling transmission is faulty.

pix

abdel,

thx for the details. any idea about:

–> odd or even number of ss7 ?

regards,
    pix

Ram

I need to share my views in this discussion. Upto my search, the number of links whether odd or even does not make any difference in performance. The SLS or Signaling Link Selection field with 4 bit length is declared in start of every signaling transaction. This load sharing is also dependent on the algorithm that governs the process. anyhow this is a healthy discussion and i would try to bring some details. as for as my experience, i have seen about 99% of even number of links. Even it could be due to the fact that one additional sharing link for other one. Always 1+1 will be like redundant.

xpotentialram@gmail.com
    thanks,
    ram

Fahim

Though as far as I m concerned SS7 is a universal protocol for out of band signalling – could there be any vendor specific algorithm which dictates it’s behaviour?

Abdel

About the odd and even never heard about but, this SS7 link in Huawei equipment you can give increase the load of one SS7 link by giving a higher priority of the other links in the same signalling linkset. In my opinion I think as long as they are in the same link set regardless wether they are even or odd numbers they will share the load.

Abdel

a sudden increase in one link in a linkset my indicate a fault

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.