Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EGPRS Throughput Enhancement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Host

Hi all, how we can imporve the EGPRS Througput by changing several paremeters? and what’s the appropriate tool for QOS evaluation for the end user?

pix

improve throughput:
    this is usually not a parameters issue. It has more to do with:

– link capacity (enough TRX, enough Abis, enough Ater CS, enough Gb)

– radio quality (interference reduces the throuhgput A LOT !!)

once these two steps are OK, you can check your parameters (nb of TBF per PDCH, initial MCS at TBF establishment, etc)

Host

Hi pix, i will just ask if the use of Dedicated TRX will improve the througput since we have always static ressources for Data?

pix

hello,

you mean, one full TRX (8 timeslots) statically allocated as PDCH, all the time ?
    definitely, that will enhance your EDGE throughput, because the throughputs won’t get reduced due to CS TCH preempting the PDCH.

But that’s too much, you will loose too much capacity on the voice. I would say that keeping 1 or 2 PDCH / cell statically is usually enough to keep users happy at busy hour.

Host

thanks pix, but i’m searching for other alternatives for Througput enhancement, if u have any suggestion you’r welcome. Besides the story of dedicated TRX would be only implemented for Cells with high LLC trafic, what do you think?

Seth

Host

You firstly have to check your n/w interferance setuation.

EDGE senstivity to radio condition is toooooo high compared with GPRS.

pix

host,
    i gave you the ways to improve the edge throughput below.

seth,

MCS9 is sensitive, but MCS6 or even 7 are achievable in any average network. MCS9 is more reserved for users which are more within the inner part of the cell, with not too many interferences.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.