Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

call drop due to expiry of T200 timer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    krish

ok pix,pan thanks for this but this entire process will continue atleast on some channel after immediate assignment so which one that channel? And if i will modify the t200 on bsc level than on bts level it will automatic update?

Pix

Krish,

T200 is not related to a GSM procedure. Every time something is sent on Abis, an ACK is awaited. It won’t improve the call setup time, unless you have a lot of LapD retransmissions, usually.
    You can check lapd retransmission with a qos indicator.

If you update the T200 in BSC, I don’t know if the BTS is going to be updated as well. It depends on your system. Is it alcatel ? In this case, check your parameters dictionary, it should be explained there.

Pan

Dear, KRISH!
    Immediate Ass message is sent om AGCH. On this channel only unacknowledged operation is possible. There is no T200 in unacknowledge operation (see 04.05, 04.06).
    In our BSS T200 is set only one time – for all BSS – not separately for BTS and BSC.

krish

ok thanks great discussion on this topic

Pan

Your are always welcome:)

krish

hey pan last discussion on this t200 first ms will send channel request thr rach and it will get reply thr agch after imme assignment and also ms gets sdcch with agch and after this t200 start so by increasing t200 there will be chance of sd blocking…

Pan

No, krish!
    All normal events on radiointerface must be ended within T200. T200 timer expiring (when it’s setting is right – according 04.06 or as default in your system) is exclusive situation and should be viewed as error.

krish

not getting exactly i mean abt sdcch blocking after imme assign and increasing t200 value from 280 to 1000 ms

Pix

Pan,

which messages are acknowledged based on t200 on lapdm ?

i assume it’s done only for the sdcch and sacch?
    and the ack is sent in the layer 2 header of the message ?

krish

i think sacch will not come in pitcure

Pix

Krish, I’m done with pictures, now i’m reading books with words in them.
    Give them a try…

krish

hey i want to know if we increase the timer value upto 1000 ms then if entire process is on sdcch then there will be chance of sd blocking….

Pix

Krish,

Are you working on a live network ? You know, the easiest way is to change the parameter for few hours, check the impact, and roll back.
    That’s the easiest way to see what happens when you change the parameter.

Please keep us informed about your findings 🙂

Thanks, bye
    Pix

Pan

Pix
    Acknowledged mode of operation is supported by SDCCH, SACCH and FACCH.
    I think that all MM and CM Layer3 messages are transfered by Layer2 in acknowledged mode.
    Remote data link entity acknowledges a received frame by means of I-frames or S(supervisory)-frames.
    Acknowledgement (N(R) – last properly recieved frame) is contained in control field of I- or S- frame.
    Krish
    If you will increase T200 there will happen nothing. What is your objective?

krish

ok i will share the analysis and now can we share some knowledge on edge ,gprs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.