Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM to WCDMA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paraHO

Can an GSM/WCDMA MS containing a GSM SIM access WCDMA network to make/receive calls and text messages?

If it can, does it mean a R99 GSM SIM require elementary file EF: OPLMNwAct to do that?

khalid

IS THERE ANY ONE HELP ME IN SDH AND PDH

pix

khalid,

create a new article and ask your question, there are many experts around here !

paraHO

Answer I have for this:

“Question: Can an GSM/WCDMA MS containing a GSM SIM access WCDMA network to make/receive calls and text messages?”

Answer: Yes, Vodafone UK allows this by provisioning in GSM SIM, WCDMA/GSM handset trabnslates protocol formats and marking up in the HLR 3G use.

cplus

Dear Friends, I got a question that really made me stuck..I really need someones help to let me solve the question. The question is based on CDMA system. Here we are :

in reality, a MS(mobile station) can receive more than three pilots(Base stations) in a pilot pollution area(given that a CDMA MS can only resolve three received paths).
    1. Considering a CDMA system, a MS has for fingers to decode received paths : one for searching and 3 for data. so, in a pilot pollution area ( a MS receives more than 3 instant strong pilots ), please design an efficient way to track three strong pilots in the area that up to 6 pilots are obsorved based on pilot t_ADD threshold criterion of any kinds. Discuss the pro and the con of your proposed method.

2. Also in the pilot pollution area, how can we improve the accuracy of the open-loop power control (where the MS transmitted power is inverse proportional to the total received power.)please quantify your solution….

Thank you very much in advance..

Cplus

my email address is : hakimtw at gmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.