Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BUSY hour traffic for BSC and cell

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    yan

dear
    can any body help me how to calculate Busy Hour traffic for BSC and cell wise and is there difference between them

Host

Which BSS?

yan

what do you mean whcih BSS i thing the busy hour calaculation is done for any vendor the same majorly and my is huawei

ade

Busy hour traffic is Minimum Erlang given by the operator to the Vendor with the grade of service (%). All these, depending on the number of TRx (RF Carrier) needed in the BTS could be used to calculated the number of subscribers the network can contain using Erlang B table…

Wilosteqx

The busy hour is calculated as follows independent of vendor:

1. BSC BH
    obtain the 24 hr traffic profile of each BSC(if more than one BSC ib the network).You can then use excel to filter the maximum carried traffic over the 24 hr period. This should give the BSC BH.

2. Cell BH
    The same process is repeated just that in this case it is taken at cell level.

Note that total BSC BH carried traffic is not equal to Cell BH carried traffic.

Hope this helps.

Wiosteqx

yan

dear Wilosteqx
    thank you very much for you explanation but i am little bit confused let say for one BSC to obtain Busy hour traffic it is the sum of all traffic for cells with peak hour or it is the sum of all traffic and the same case for cell it is just one hour at peak traffic .

Bhupendra

Dear All,

my query is, in case of GSM, we have Ater interface between BSC to transcoder and A-interface between Transcoder to MSC. Now, for each Ater there will be 4 corresponding A-links, carrying 120 erlangs (30 erlang for each A-link). my question is , what will be the Erlang for Ater-interface? will it be 30 Erlang or will it be 120 Erlang? plz suggest.

pix

in my opinion:
    120 erlangs on 4 A interfaces = 120 erlangs on 4 Ater interface = 120 erlangs on 1 AterMux interface.

1 erlang is always 1 erlang. Erlang is related to the number of calls, not to the throughput of each call.
    And 1 call on A interface = 1 call on AterMux interface.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.