Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Huawei BIE port and Half Rate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mahesh

Hi all,

I am radio network optimization engineer work on Huawei equipments. When I asked to activate dynamic half rate in some cells in one BSC, the BSC guy said there is no BIE resource available to activate DHR or add new sites to this BSC.

I got to know that BIE is the interface board between A-bis and A-ter. But I still can not understand the relation between half rate and BIE ports.

Please help me to understand this.

Cheers…!!!

Mahesh

Ibrahim

Mahesh,

Firstly, I want to correct your understanding for the BIE. It is an interface Board between the Abis & BS interfaces not Ater.
    For Huawei BSC32, each module contains 8 BIE groups plus a TTBIE. Each BIE group contains 8 High Way innetfaces except group number8 it contains only 4 High Way. One HW supports switching for 32 time slots. So, if you want to activate DHR for a site, then the number of time slots would be increased resulting in the increment of HW required.

Regards,

RF

dear
    you can ask huawei for HR license for more HR resource

Ibrahim

Dear RF,

Even if Huawei gave an HR license with more HR resources, a bottle necking would be faced on the BIE HW recources.

Regards,

Mahesh

Dear Ibrahim,

Thank you very much for your comment. I understand the concept. But I have few questions.

Is this concept of BIE is valid for BSC6000 as well?

Then if I remove DHR in one cell (ex: 4 TRXs), is it possible to activate DHR in different cell (another 4 TRXs)?

The same question in different way, if I remove DHR in 25 TRXs in BSC32, then is it possible to activate DHR in different 25 TRXs?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.