Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Same (BCCH, BSIC) couple

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Ali, Bijoy,

I’m going to get confirmation on that. This point is still not clear for me… It is said that a synchronized network would allow “synchronous HO”.

If that’s the case, then the HO are going to be executed much faster : the MS will ready to communicate onto the target TCH much faster.
    By execution, I mean : the time between HO COMMAND is sent and the 1st speech frame is received in the target cell.

Bijoy,

About BCCH/BSIC, I don’t think the synchronization will help avoiding collision on TS0 of the TRX BCCH. Therefore it won’t allow an easier planning of the BCCH TRX. What matter in the BCCH TRX is the cleanliness of the TS0. If all TS0 are transmitted at the same time, this will lead to more collisions than before (on the RACH especially).

It will ease up the FreqPlan only for the other TRXs.

Bijoy

Pix
    Please let me know if you find something.That will sure be a good add in my knowledge bucket.

Regarding BCCH/BSIC,sync n/w will for sure improve the HOSR (rather C/I)since TSC’s will be different for hopping TRX’s(I recon in access burst,it is the TSC which gets transmitted).Regarding RACH success,there will not be any improvement as such neither did I said about this.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Bijoy

Please ignore the bracketed statement.it should be TCH burst,not an access burst.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pix

Bijoy,

I just got confirmation that the HO are indeed “synchronous” between cells synchronized by GPS. I wonder how it works though. I’ll dig on that subject further.

Regarding the TS0, still got more digging to do.

And regarding the TSC… I don’t really understand why you talk about TSC.
    Let’s see. The TCH are less interfered, especially in case of SFH 1×1, because surrounding sites will never collide with each other (or less often than before, let’s be realistic 🙂 ).

TSC is related to the BSIC… thanks to TSC, the MS knows how badly interfered is a burst… I’m sorry, i don’t see what is the relationship ?

-pix
    (ps : we’re just exchanging thoughts, sorry if there is anything in my posts that you feel is aggressive in any way) (I cannot be hold liable for any misinterpretation of my posts) (No animals were harmed during the writing of this post) (Some babies were, though)

Bijoy

Pix
    I’m sorry if you feel my posts are aggressive.

Regarding sync n/w,sync can be done either by GPS or by setting any site’s clock as sync source(this is called master site,the most stable site of the cluster).As I said earlier also,in case of sync neighbours,there is no need for the TA information in the phy info message.

Regarding TSC,TSC should be same as BCC for the BCCH TRX only,not necessarily for the hopping TRX’s.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Rex

Hi guys,
    I thought there is only one TSC. I didn’t know that it’s possible give different TSCs in a cell, at least I didn’t noticed that in OMCR (Alcatel). Why Alcatel recommends (if I remember well) that TSC shouldn’t be equal with BCC when BCC equal 1 and TSC could be equal with BCC when BCC different than 1?
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

Rex,

This is the most mysterious rule from Alcatel. I’ve been staring stupidly at this rule for years, and it still dosn’t make any sense at all. On top of that, it is said that this rule is based on 3GPP recommendations !

As I said before, the TSC is a sequence of bits used to compute the rxqual. I’ve read that some TSC sequences are better for that purpose than others, but that was in case of 8PSK EGPRS. I have no idea if that’s the idea behind this rule or not.

I must admit, I gave up 🙂
    -pix

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.