Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IMSI Trace from the BSC (OSS)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Is there other vendors than Ericsson that do Real Time Trace:
    It consists to trace an MS (from the OSS), and allow to graphically follow the traces of an MS and also apply filtering function like Rxqual, Rxlev, Neighboring cells. we can display as well detailed info about handover, dropped Call etc…

pix

alcatel OMCR does IMSI traces, it outputs a textfile with all radio measurements and layer 3 msgs chronologically ordered. It’s not graphical, but the text file can be processed by an external application (which is yet to develop 🙂 )

Pix

Bob Smith

Send me a Text file of the output and I’ll see what I can do.

ol

nokia has trace viewer application with advantages like ericsson.

pix

hi bob smith,

i’m not looking for someone to create this application. It would be fairly simple, probably a little excel macro would do the job.

But i even doubt it’s necessary… an IMSI trace is really simple to analyze. There is no need to post-process it, really.

Bob

No problems

Lilly

Dear All, Dear Pix!
    What about CALL TRACE (alcatel BSS) – I’ve found only some mentions in OMC-R docs. As I understand, unlike the IMSI-trace, in call trace we will have information for the one certain cell – i.e. a plenty of MEAS REP from different calls on this cell? And a main question – how I can activate such trace?

Thank a lot

pix

I don’t know about call trace. I’ll check it out if I can. I recommend you contact your RTAC support, and post their answer here 🙂

EugeZ

Hi Eric,

Sorry to take you back.
    what is required to do an MS trace to get the KPIs like RXQUAL, neighbors in ericsson?

pix

in ericsson, i don’t know, sorry.

Eric

Hi EugeZ
    In Ericsson it is an optional feature working from BSS07
    It is required to have OSS-RC
    if you want to use the GUI.
    You have to use only IMSI (no TMSI)
    Here below a description how it is working:
    To be able to perform an IMSI trace it is necessary to get IMSI in two of the messages from the MSC (Common ID and Handover Request). This means that the MSC must change these messages.
    Since IMSI and IMEI numbers are not used internally in the BSC they must be matched towards an MS Identity and an MS Context Identity. This is handled internally in the BSC. The MS Identity Established and MS Context Established, as well as RealTimeTrace(RTT) Mapping events are sent to OSS so that they can perform the same correlation.
    When an MS becomes active the BSC must check to see if it belongs to an IMSI or IMEI trace. If the mobile belongs to a trace the BSC must send subscribed events to the OSS. The OSS shall present the events in a log file and/or on screen.
    The BSC shall stop the trace when OSS has sent Unsubscribe Requests for all events included in the trace.
    The trace shall continue from one BSC to another independently of which MSC or SGSN it belongs to as long as it is in the same operator’s network. This is possible since the Common Id or Handover Request message is received from each new MSC.
    To be able to continue the trace when the mobile returns from another operator’s network it is required that the mobile makes a new call or PS connection. The new call will generate Common Id and then we will have the IMSI again and the trace can continue.
    It shall also be possible to continue a trace of a mobile when it comes back from WCDMA. For CS it is possible to continue the trace (an ongoing call) since an Incoming Inter-System Handover event is generated which includes the MS Individual. For PS the trace will continue when the events once again are generated in the GSM network.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.