Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

What is SAIC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SAIC

Hello Everybody,

Some one could explain what is the purpose of
    Single Antenna Interference Cancellation (SAIC)

Thank you very much

saic

Sorry,
    I should have look first in wiki, before asking this question as the answer is there:
    It is now a well known fact that it is possible to cancel the interference at the mobile handset side by changing the baseband software without changing anything in the network side. SAIC-enabled mobiles can work in high interference levels. SAIC-enabled mobiles need even less transmit power from the network which in turn reduces the interference for non-SAIC mobiles. studies shows that with 100% SAIC mobile penetration a capacity gain of 60 to 80% is achievable. There are various approaches possible to have a SAIC-enabled phone:

1. Prefilter based baseband algorithms (2X complex than conventional receiver but gives 12-15 dB gain)

2. Constant Modulus based SAIC (simple but less gain and also it is not very robust)

3. Joint Detection (JD)

saic

But,
    Is it long time that SAIC is implemented?
    Broadly speaking, how do we know that this or this Handset, have a feature implemented on it?
    When we buy a phone, how do we know, that this phone support a special feature?

pix

this technology was discovered in 2002 / 2003, but i never was aware of it 🙂 thanks !

on internet, i’ve found some papers… including this one:
    http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2006/03/30/134145.html
    http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2007/10/11/132742.html

first one is about nokia, second about sony ericsson… i would say that SAIC is used in most phones today.

“To further the adoption and standardization of this new technology, SAIC will be adopted as a work item in 3GPP, an international standards organization developing 3G evolution for GSM and UMTS.”

I bet you can find SAIC in 3GPP… if that’s the case, it means that all phones today are SAIC (because they got to be 3GPP compliant).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.