Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

telecommunication

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    muhammad

hi,

i want to know many things about the telecom but for a time being i want to know the bss function in the telecom any body help me plz.

pix

BSS function… that’s a very large topic.
    BSS includes:
    equipments : MS, BTS, BSC, MFS, TC
    interfaces : Um, Abis, Ater CS & Ater PS.

I recommend you focus on one equipment only, such as BSC or BTS. Learn commisioning, installation, configuration, supervision, maintenance… That’s a job you cn do for about 5 to 10 years.

finn

yeah its tough to tell everything about telecom… you need a course to learn about it.. bss is way too advanced for intro into telecoms.

TB

Ericsson use to do a wonderful free online book called “Understanding Telecommunications”, though unfortunately they no longer have it on their website. As stated, its not an easy subject to learn, I personally have been working in the telecomms industry for over 20 years and im still learning new stuff every day 🙂

Start small, look for books on GSM networks and work from there.

finn

Yeah you’re right.. I was able to download those docs before.. Copy paste on a word and printed as pdf. Because it was not on a pdf yet that time and it was 6 years ago but never used it. I learned from experience. Same as me, I still consider myself a new every time, even though I started working in telco since 1999 from wire to wireless.

pix

i think this ericsson book is available somewhere on the net.. it was on the scribd.com website, uploaded chapter per chapter.

muhammad imran

hi,

i am in riyadh and looking for material relating to bts integration and also network optimization plz can any one help
    me i have to give interwiev in zain is there any one working in zain riyadh saudia plz contact beacuse i am willing to join this organization i would be very thank full to you .

thanks for giving ne onformation about the bss.

thanks again

finn

muhammad imran,

probably the role you are going to have is an entry-level role. so fundamentals of telecoms you learned would be enough to join to that organization. I think they won’t expect you to know more advanced about that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.