Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

KPI of core cellular network

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ram

Hi all,
    Can any one list the KPIs for a core cellular network. I would be very grateful if related link is provided.

thanks,
    ram

NZ

referring to R4 or R.99?

ram

if u mean to the system release, then i am working with ericsson having R11 level.

regards,
    ram

kirri

there are several kpis in the core network including GoS on routes, processor loading,peak usage etc. also several kpis depend on the actual node you are interested in.

Abdel

There are a lot of measurement in every node of the NSS including the MSC-server, MGW, HLR, EIR and each has a more than hunderds of measurement. When you are saying KPI it means the Key performance indicators i.e the most important ones. Gos of the routes, SS7 signalling load and the access and the failure. From the Access KPI you will get ASR and the ratio of each failure like unknown failure for a call, failure due to caller busy and all this things, the monitoring of the access ratios will lead you to find out problems if they exist and you will use the other measurement to find out the failures like if the SCP or IN has a problem.

That is how I do I, any new ideas or recommendations

Ram

Thanks Abdel and Kirri,
    For the feedbacks. Can u suggest any link or provide any reference for measuring the KPI of a core network having the core part alone and not the Radio part. At present i am with o&M of NSS. I need to make my next job with planning and optimization of core network. For that, i need to know more on core nw planning, design issues and KPI related informations.
    xpotentialram@gmail.com

thanks,
    Ram

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.