Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPU and GSL Load

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by Hich.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Host

Hi all, i’am asking about the GPU and GSL load calculation in Alcatel BSS (MFS MX and G2) and probably the related RNO indicators.

Thanks

pix

Clik on “other objects” in RNO, and then “GPU”.

GPU Load is an indicator in RNO, you can check out the formula in RNO (click on the “help” button while displaying properties of this indicator)

GSL load… i don’t think so. You can see the Ater PS congestion, but not the GSL specifically. You can try to look for it in the indicators related to the GPU.

Host

Thanks pix but i find only the DSP_CPU load and i’am trying to evaluate the GPU load in term of PDCH and GCH.
    Any suggestion?

Pix

YEs, there are some indicators that shows max PDCH and max GCH busy, per GPU. And even per Ater interface.

I don’t have the names right now, but they are quite easy to find, aren’t they ? They’re all in the indicators that belong to the GPU object.

Regards
    Pix

Host

Thanks pix i’ll try to find them, so for the GPU load in term of GCH it’s OK but for the PDCH i think that the PDCH capacity offered by the GPU depends on the use of the coding scheme (CS1-CS4 and MCS1-MCS9), is there any indicator that gives the offered PDCH capacity??

pix

hello,

no, no indicator like that, because that’s a fixed value. The GPU can handle a certain amount of PDCH depending on the coding scheme and the number of Ater PS connected, as defined in product description.

But there is no real interest in those numbers. From GPU point of view, you should rather depend on the number of GCH.
    One Ater PS can carry 112 GCH max.

Normally, the Ater PS will congest way before the GPU is congested… The operators are always limiting the number of Ater PS links, and that’s where the bottleneck is (most of the time).

Regards,
    Pix

Host

Hi pix, could i have the formula (Rno indicators used) to evaluate the Abis PS load?

Toofy

Can you give more information about dimensionning rules of GPU on terms of PDCH?
    I think that the limitation of PDCH on GPU appears before the limitation of GCH.
    If we connect 4 AterMux Data to the GPU, we will have PDCH Limitation on the GPU before the GCH Limitation.
    when we must use 2 GPU in this case?
    Any one have a method to quantify the PDCH Load on GPU?

pix

toofy,

the GPU load can be found in the MFS description, it depends on the MCS of the PDCH. Anyway, you can always check out the DSP and CPU congestion in RNO/NPO. Those are indicators that show how loaded is the GPU itself, not in relation to the Ater PS load.

Host,

I’ll try to find that.

Hich

Hi all

i’m working on NOKIA RG10 and i need a split of PS congestion with their Formula do you have any idea about and also how to calculate PCU capacity, we need the capacity at the air interface also (Radio capacity) ant the capacity at the Abis level.

thanks in advance for your help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.