Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SIOS received in MTP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ram

Hello all,
    What could be the solution for the alarm SIO, SIN, SIE or SIOS received for a high speed link from MSC to STP. MSC is ericsson and STP is Seimens. The fault code is 104.

thanks in advance,
    ram

Outcast

Hi, you have incorrect data in SL, i mean different signalling point ore SLC.

Ram

Hi Outcast,
    The links were previously available and were stable. On the night before, the STP was upgraded and from that time the alarm is being reported.

thanks,
    ram

Outcast

What kind of HSL do you use on E/// MSC? Is it possible, what some parameters has been changed on STP side after upgrade, i mean TS in HSL?

Ram

Hi Outcast,
    Thanks for the reply. There was no action taken with the exchange parameters. The STP was upgraded to support SIGTRAN. I need to know what could be the parameter that could have this type of error. SIOS, SIO, SIE or SIN received. The link goes down and comes up immediately. I feel that the fluctuation increases with increase in traffic.

thanks,
    ram

dotuananh

Hello all,

I also have this question. In which case we receive SIOS from the peer end.

And how to solve it??

Thank you.

Pan

Dear, dotuananh!
    SIOS – out of service indication from remote MTP layer2 entity. See details for MTP layer 2 alighnment procedure in ITU-T Q.7xx-series recomendations.

Eamonn King

In MTP 2 and from Wireshark trace, how can I see /show that SIOS came from the distant NE into our system ?

Ravi

Hello All,

At the time of loop back test I got loop back back indication on LED but at soft indication I got ” ALARM STATUS = ** 0213 REPT-LKF: OSA – received SIOS”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.