Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cell selection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nasir

From ETSI ‘The MS shall monitor the received signal level of all RF channels within its bands of operation, and search for a BCCH carrier which has C1 > 0 and which is not barred.’
    Does it mean that the MS will camp on the 1st found BCCH (which has c1>0 and not barred) whether its signal level may becomes low compared to others.
    Then it will go for cell re selection?
    Please let me clear this. I am confısed.

pix

nasir,

i don’t have this document with me now, but it seems like there is a big missing part. The explanation of the cell selection is rather large, isn’t it ?

What you could understand from this sentence is hat the MS will start decoding channels randomly, until it finds a BCCH channel. Once a BCCH is found.. the MS shall select it as “serving”.

If another BCCH from SI5 msg is heard with better signal (C2(n) > C2(s) ) then, a relection will occur.

regards,
    pix

Pan

MS searches a number of the strongest RF channels in descending order of recieved signal level to see which are BCCH carriers. And calculate C1 for each BCCH carrier of the selected PLMN. MS camp on first cell of the selected PLMN with C1>0 and not barred/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.