Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Fundamentals of BTS site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kamal

I wanna know d functioning of BOI,FXC-RRi & BB2F.

Also say something about “throwing an E1”..

What is FIU? And what is d purpose for the same?

What is 2M interface?

finn

throwing? maybe through an E1? please check other threads for E1/2M explanations. FIUs are for Nokia PDH,modem..BOI is like DXU for Ericsson? am i right?

deepak pardeshi

hi,
    i am deepak
    plz tell me the Fundamentals of BTS site

finn

deepak,

that is one of the most common question.. BTS site of what? CDMA? GSM? WCDMA? let’s try one of the most common, GSM.. or 2G.. a BTS is usually installed either 900 or 1800 or 1900 or some 800 i think in the US? its powered up by a rectifier or a battery backup system plus 220VAC and feeder cables connected to combiners of the BTS going to the antenna.. either directional or omni depending on the design by RF engineers depending also on thedemand in the area. like if a motorway, usually back to back panel antenna.. in country sites omni will do.. in in-building solutions or IBS they are using DAS or distributed antenna system.. the traffic is transported via E1 (PCM) from PDH transmission system.. sometimes groomed from ericsson’s DXX.. i dunno about other vendor… then from PDH to SDH hub.. then to the BSC.. others please add

FLM member

The aim is to carry the traffic to BSC through other BTS sites which can be configured in diferent kinds of topologies.
    They can be chain, star, lop,mesh.
    I think the most common is chain as the most reliable topology is loop.
    other please add.

finn

yeah loop… on an SDH network.. hub sites with add-drop multiplexers.. from STM-1 to STM-16.. sub-hub sites uses STM-1 then backhaul access with PDH links and sometimes to make useful of the timeslots, they use DXX to do that..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.