Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SS7 dimensioning

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Wallis Dudhnath.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kodiagnon BAKAYOKO

Can someone tells me how to dimension for example the interface beween MSC-HLR?

sameep joshi

Hi kodiagnon, Can you pls specify what do you want to dimention in the interface. In normal condition it is connected via STP or even if there is no STP there is only singnalling connectivity between MSC and HLR.Signalling connectivity could be anything like SIGTRAN or SS7 links so you have to plan signaling link accordingly based upon which type of connectivity you have as you can have only 16 links between two point codes you can have upto maximum 16 links between MSC and HLR, so depending upon subscriber capacity you need to connect links and depending upon traffic you can upgrade it from 64 kbps to 128 kbps or 256 kbps.kindly describe your question.

kodiagnon BAKAYOKO

Sure the interface between MSC and HLR is signaling. it may be SS7 or SIGTRAN. What i want is to calculate the signaling trafic between MSC and HLR. In most of the documentation i went through, this dimensioning is based on some assumptions as for example 1 SS7 for 10K Subscribers.
    I want to calculate exactly the traffic on this interface based on a specified traffic model. thanks for your reply

Klaus Lamm (ESG Germany)

Hi Kodiagnon,
    Due the fact, that there are running a lot of transactions to the HLR like
    – Authentication 2G CS
    – MMC IN to Subscriber
    – MMC incl. MIC
    – LUPD
    – SMS MT CS
    – MTC
    – SCI
    – SMS CS (with Confirmation)

it depends of the configuration of your network and a manual correct dimensioning is nearly impossible.

As you already know, does exactly our Tool ESG-NetCOP support the bandwith calculation.

By the way: We would like to get in contact with you, but not via an open Internet-Platform.

Would you mind to send me your e-mail address?

BAKAYOKO Kodiagnon

Dear klaus,
    thanks for your reply.
    as requested by you here is my email adresse bkodiagnon@yahoo.fr.
    will be very happy to receive mail from you in the few coming days.

Best regards!

Ashish

Hi..

Pls. let me know how many E-1s can be extend on one POI. How we calculate this one.

Peter

how to dimension interface between MSC-HLR ?

Wallis Dudhnath

Most Networks are now moving away from LSSL/E1.0, HSSLs, etc.. to Sigtran (ss7overIP). IP Network (MPBN) will need to be dimensioned for the NCR signalling.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.