Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Traffic Models for Data

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Nabil Ahmed

Is anyone familiar with traffic models can be used to size trunk groups for data network? I know that, Erlang B, Extended Alternate Routing Trunk (EART) , and Neal-Wilkinson are only applicable to Voice network.

Kashif Hussain

Well the think you need to find out is what is the data activity factor, plus the downlink has a higher data capacity.
    Usually the the data flow is assemtric (for normal users) higher downlink, in our network we used .75 data factor to the channel capacity on the forward link and .25 for the uplink,
    you also need to see what kind of delay the system can hold.
    regards
    KH

AMAL

Is there an Erlang table or formula
    for data traffic, in order to justefay the requiered trunks.
    And also I would like to Know how to dimention or plan the ADSL network, what assumbtions should be concedered?
    May thanks,

Roberto Preziuso

Hello:

I want to receve the articles.

dahg@elo.utfsm.cl

I would like to recieve many information about traffic data,specially from VoIP.
    i start working on VoIP blocking Probability

dahg@elo.utfsm.cl

I would like to recieve many information about traffic data,specially from VoIP.
    i start working on VoIP blocking Probability

Jose

Hi,
    I´m working in my proyect in my university.
    I need how to estimate the bandwitdh of the backbone of a network for voice, data and video. Here you give a lot of information about to calculate the trunks for voice, even video. But how can I estimate the bandwidth for data? Do you have any example? There are usual ratios for typical data aplications?

thanks,
    email: perenquen@hotmail.com

nasir ismail

Maybe Erlang C model can help to calculate how busy and Average Hold Time (AHT)

1. Try to get how many bytes/packets go thru incoming/outgoing.
    2. Bandwidth available e.g. 128Kbps/64Kbps
    3. Period time by hour
    4. Calculate per hour – Erlang unit
    5. Response time is AHT

I’m also need feedback from all of you!

Jose

Hello and many thanks Nasir.

I need to estimate how much bandwith i have to install in my network. I have an idea about what kind of aplications it will run.

There are some usual values for typical aplications?

Do you know where can i find an example using erlang C model for data networks.

thanks,

perenquen@hotmail.com

Bolaji

I need help on how to calculate the bandwith required in CDMA network using IS-95A standard.

L.Mo.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ics7750/design/derlang.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ics7750/design/dprov.pdf

For those wanting to know how to do converged network traffic engineering, the above Cisco website site .pdf files should be able to assist you in that endeavor.

Later,

L.Mo.

nasir ismail

How to estimate bandwidth?

pls refer to this URL

http:/wand.cs.waikato.ac.nz/wand/publications/bwest-review/

Rommel

Here is another article on traffic analysis at Cisco. 🙂
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/voipsol/ta_isd.pdf

Mª Jesus

Hello! I´m doing my proyect at the Seville University and I would be very grateful
    if someone could send or explain me how to do a model for a mix of video, data and
    voice over ATM.
    It can be very interesting that the voice would be over IP= VoIP over ATM
    If someone could send me an article or a web side in which I find something you´ll help me a lot
    Thanks very much. MJesus
    E-mail: martalopez18@supercable.es

TIM NABI

I need help to find out if any mothod available to block VOIP from ISP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.