Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ericsson minilink traffic node

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ndut

dear all,

i have problem with receive level in ericsson minilink. there is a gap in receive level in each side. -40 in near end, -51 in far end. installation, softw. configuration has been checked and rechecked.

any advise?

Raaz

It might be possible interference issue,because one of you Site getting receiving frequency from another Site,Need to verify Link Budget from Transmission Network Design Dept .

ndut

@raaz

interference test has been rechecked, also LOS survey. but the problem still appear.

re-pointing did twice

finn

That’s the usual problem of experts. 🙂

what is the polarization?

please check the polarization plate behind the antenna.. triple check it according to the manual.. the oval shaped hole should point towards the slot if it is either V or H.. and should be readable without turning your head plus the band (GHz) on the plate should be in front..

goodluck..

Phalanx

Or try to replace another outdoor unit at the far end where the reading is -51. Or check the transmit power of each sides if they are the same.

Phalanx

You may also change the polarization of the antenna. If it is currently vertical polarization, try horizontal polarization.

finn

phalanx

it depends on the design.. follow the design. if design says vertical, don’t touch it. if it says vertical then you should. adjust the power according to the design.. if the pathprofile says it will receive like this, it will but if there is an upcoming structure then its a big drama.

ndut

the design said vertical polarization. when i tried to increase the transmit power, its reach -49.

maybe this hop should be revised for the transmit power 🙂

thx all

finn

ndut

what is the air distance?

Phalanx

Finn

I agree with u that the design should be followed. I was just hasty enough to give the advice of changing polarization. I came up with this idea because I encountered this similar problem before and already tried all possible means (realignment, increase transmit power, replace outdoor unit, increase antenna height) but came out unsuccesful. It was only when the polarization was changed that we were able to obtain the desired rsl.

Phalanx

ndut

Just be careful with increasing too much of the output power. It could shorten the life of your rf unit. Just my 2 cents worth..:)

finn

phalanx

so… there was an interference?

Phalanx

Finn

Interference test was also done and there was none. We even remove the rf unit to check if there is obstruction at the feeder, again there was none. It was really a bizaare experience on my part. Even our transmission planning were perplexed.

ndut

@finn

the air distance is just 600 m, i can see far end site clearly 🙂

mahmoudmohamed hafez

i need to now the consumed power for ericsson minilink

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.