Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AMR & DTX : MS Nokia whistlinge

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Flo

Hi guys,

I’m facing serious issue with MS Nokia only & during 900 FR AMR call (N95, N6880, etc). After a couple of time the interlocutor hear a wistling noise and has to hang up.

Abis & TRX traces shows that UL whistling noise come during AMR codec adaptation just after silent SID frames. AMR deactivation solve the pb.

DTX UL is disable at cell level but MS use it lawlessly.

My question is does anyone faced such pb with other vendor than Alcatel and is a solution exist with keeping AMR enable ?

tx & BR

Michele

Hi Flo,
    what is the hardware equipment? Furthermore, have you checked the System Information content (about the UL DTX, SI6(you need a TEMS to check it))? Are they compliant with the disabling of UL DTX?
    On the contrary Network believes to not performing UL DTX, while MS performs it.
    Is TFO (Tandem Free Operation) enabled?

Flo

Hi michele,

It’s BSC mx and G4 BTS. The new SI6 contains DTX_Indicator = “MS shall use uplink discontinuous transmission” whereas DTX_INDICATOR_FR_AMR is set to msShallNotUseDTxAMR …

TFO is disable.

BR,

Michele

Hi Flo,
    so it seems that MS behavior is compliant to SI6 and BSS sends an erroneous information about UL DTX to MS in SI6.

The consequence is that probably BSS takes into account erroneously SUB/FULL measurements in Measurement Results received by MS, while performing Power Control and Handover algorithms…

Victor

Hi Flo
    For AMR implementation, Nokia recommends:
    1.- DL DTX should be Active in BSC (DOWNLINK DTX… YES)
    2.- DL DTX should be turnned off in ET-PCM from TCSM.
    3.- DL DTX should be OFF in MSC side in each cell (DOWNLINK DTX DISABLED BY MSC ….OFF)

I hope this helps you.

BR

TAQI

WHAT IS THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE NETWORK WHEN DTX GOES ON FROM OFF STATUS.WHAT THE IMPACT OF DTX ON NETWORK?SPEACIALLY IN RXQUAL AND C/I

rf fan

We have the same problem in Alcatel

pix

rf fan,
    it looks like AMR and DL DTX are not compatible? i’ll check it out.

rf fan

The problem appear only with some Nokia Symbian phones (subjectivity from my point of view at the moment). At this stage I haven’t any proved arguments. There isn’t RMS problems and nothing from radio interface only ….

rf fan

Pix, amr and UL dtx

taqi

what is the value of dtx when called party keeps silent?

if calling party countinueous transmiting.(calling party connected with tems investigation for dtx investigation.)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.