Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Access class

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Host

Hi all,
    Can anyone provide me some info about the access class for mobiles in GSM and the related paratemers in the Alcatel BSS.
    thanks in advance

Pete

The Access class for mobiles in hard coded in the SIM. Not sure if any operator uses this.

MKT

GSM recognizes 16 different access classes. This parameter is
    stored on the SIM module and allows the network operator to specifically bar
    certain types of subscribers. A typical application is to set up an access class
    exclusively for the operator personnel for test purposes during installation and
    testing. In that case, the system can be on the air but ordinary users do not
    recieve access. Another application is to define access classes for emergency personnel
    only. This can prevent overload during an emergency and allows rescue
    workers to be reachable via mobile phone.
    The BTS broadcasts the admitted access classes within the RACH control
    parameters, which are part of the information that the BTS permanently
    broadcasts in its broadcast control channel (BCCH). The MS reads the information
    and compares it with the access classes on the SIM. The MS attempts to
    access the system only if it finds a matching access class. That prevents signaling
    overload because an unauthorized MS does not even try to access the system.

The access classes in GSM use values from 0 to 15. The numbers do not
    indicate any priority as such, that is, a higher number does not imply a higher
    priority or vice versa. Table G.2 shows the use of the access classes. “Ordinary”
    subscribers receive values from 0 through 9 on a random basis. Only the access
    classes 11 through 15 were predefined. Note that one SIM module is capable of
    storing several access classes, which allows one subscriber to belong to several
    subscriber groups.

Host

Thanks for the info, so i think the only way to priorize the subscriber access to the network is by attributing a high access class and edit some parameters in the OMC. any other issues for Access priority?

Bo

Hi MKT,
    I’d once tested ACL by changing ACL on a cell. And I found it exactly as your document. But I dont know how to assign ACL to a SIM (or how to check the ACL of a SIM), because it seem to be assigned randomly.
    Let’s assume that I want to assign ACL to a VIP’s SIM, so that he can access the cell anytime. Thanks.

Host

Any suggestions for my previous request plz.

Pan

Dear, Host!
    You needs in eMLPP supplementary service. It is supporting 7 priority levels for subscribers. For more details, see GSM 02.67 and 03.67 spec.
    with regards, Pan

ravi

Hi ..can ny one tell me how to change the access class of a sim..or how can i progrm my sim for specific access class in gsm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.