Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ELCTRICAL & MECHANICAL TILT

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MKT

1)

Why do they have provided two options for tilt in antenna, ie
    Electrical & Mechanical

2)

What will happen if we have different degrees of tilt for mechanical & electrical at an antenna? say 2 degree for mechanical and 4 degree for electrical.

3)

What is the standard practice in industry for tilts (electrical & mechanical) to achieve the objective of

a) Coverage

b) Capacity

c) indoor coverage

4)

How can we check the values if tilt for mechanical and electrical for an antenna?

5)

How does remote electrical tilt work? Any special antenna?

Regards

MKT

Mohit

Hi MKT…

1)One basic reason for diffrent tilts is, bcoz Electrical tilt is having less backlobe nd sidelobe as compared to mechanical tilt.
    so in electrical tilt reduces the interference.

2)There is no such standard practise followed…but wat i have seen is that 2 deg of electrical is default.

3)values of tilt can be seen physically….for electrical tilt we had a nobe at the bottom of the antenna….nd mechanical tilt is given at the upper end of the antenna….where a clamp is move to adjaust the tilt.

pix

MKT,
    I have written the formula to compute the tilt based on the cell range you need to achieve. Check the related post.

http://www.erlang.com/forum/erlang/thread.htx?thread=4196

Standard practise in urban environment : 6 to 8 degrees tilt.

Electrical vs. mechanical : easier to set up, easier to modify, backlobe is tilted as much as the front lobe, less visual impact, remote adjustment possible.

So it is good to buy antennas with default 8 degrees electrical downtilt.

If mech and elect are put together (this is oftenly done), you just sum both tilts. 4+2 = 6 degrees of effective downtilt.

So if 8 degrees elec tilt is too much, you can always apply some uptilt. This will further reduce the backlode 🙂

Regards,Pix

Kwace Papa

why do mechanical and electrical tilt

Kwace Papa

how to prepare positive stop 7&8 connectors

nitin tomar

can anybody provide me the formula for mechanical tilt(somewhat based on tan or tan inverse).

pix

go there.. in the address bar, replace the 4202 by 4196.

thread=4196

shailesh kumar ojha

please give me answer of above question

Pix

Hi,
    What is the above question ?

kamal

plese help me to get answer for the followings

1)One basic reason for diffrent tilts is, bcoz Electrical tilt is having less backlobe nd sidelobe as compared to mechanical tilt.
    so in electrical tilt reduces the interference.

2)There is no such standard practise followed…but wat i have seen is that 2 deg of electrical is default.

3)values of tilt can be seen physically….for electrical tilt we had a nobe at the bottom of the antenna….nd mechanical tilt is given at the upper end of the antenna….where a clamp is move to adjaust the tilt.

MKT – 28 Jul 2008

1)

Why do they have provided two options for tilt in antenna, ie
    Electrical & Mechanical

2)

What will happen if we have different degrees of tilt for mechanical & electrical at an antenna? say 2 degree for mechanical and 4 degree for electrical.

3)

What is the standard practice in industry for tilts (electrical & mechanical) to achieve the objective of

a) Coverage

b) Capacity

c) indoor coverage

4)

How can we check the values if tilt for mechanical and electrical for an antenna?

5)

How does remote electrical tilt work? Any special antenna?

Regards

Deon

I wonder if anybody can help with an Electrical down tilt formula I require to adjust the cable lengths on the phasing harnesses as a factor for 2 or 4 stack dipole arrays when the required degrees down tilt is known and the frequency is known.

deepredblue

How does el. tilt works ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.