Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Electrical Tilt Formula

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Nitin Tomar

is there any formula to calculate the coordinates from the site upto 400m or greater having more traffic,ie,formula to plan infill sites…………………………………

Pix

nitin, sorry, i don’t understand your question.

nitin tomar

pix,

my question is………….

can there is any formula to calculate capacity site…..as currently we have to plan one by one looking traffic and utilization of nearby sites…….

Pix

There are planning tool, such as planet or 9155 RNP, but the don’t work automatically. You still need to do something, but they help you making the right decision.

Karim

how can this formula apply on my data

Height: 44
    VHPBW: 6.8 degrees
    tilt: 4 degrees

with many regards,

Ahsan Murtaza

44/(tangent (4- 6.8/2))

1400m approx

Tilter

Just want to ask basis for VHPBW, because in kathrein 742352(1710-2180) panel antenna it goes like this:

HALF-POWER BEAM WIDTH COpolar

1710-1880MHZ, horizontal=88 degress,Vertical=7.4 degrees

1850-1990MHZ, Horizontal=90 degrees,
    vertical= 7degrees

1920-2180MHZ, horizontal=88degrees,
    vertical= 6.5degrees

which one should I use?does tilting decrease coverage distance in reality?or just decreasing the intensity of signal?
    thanks

tilter

hi,

how did you arrive with 1400m?

range=44/(tangent (4- 6.8/2))

Range=1400m approx?

I have use the formula and it yields 4201 mtrs or 4.2kms, pls correct me if Im using the formula wrong, thanks

Abdel

Tilter ur right your formula is correct i confirmed by using the Kathrein distance calculator and it comes up with
    upper beam 4201.5369 m
    main beam 629.2293 m
    lower beam 338.7812 m,

tilter

Hi Abdel,

Thanks for confirming it, do you have another formula considering the terrain? because We are optimizing an area that involves uneven terrain, and I think our formula is not that applicable since its basis is a plane land.

Regards

Abdel

For this i think you have to use a cell planning tool, in our network we use Asset3G from Aircom, the software uses the digital map terrain information to calculate the distance. In a manual way i don’t know the formulae behind it. These days everything has being turned into software so u don’t need much to do it manually,

tilter

Hi Abdel,

Thanks for the information.

regards

RNP2

what is the relation between half power beam width and the tilt?

1)If we give more electrical down tilt what should be the change in half power beam width?

2)1)If we give more Mechanical down tilt what should be the change in half power beam width? beam width will increase???

tilter

Hi RNP2,

There should be no changes for the angle values in the beamwidth because it is constant, it will just vary due to terrain and other reflecting factors, altho the tilt will decide on how much the vertical beamwidth will reach a certain distance, the changes will take place in the Horizntal beamwidth, It has no discreete calculation because it will depend on the terrain also and the distance that the lobes may reach, but it can be seen using prediction tools and RF tools but not in the formulas.

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.